Having FF with 35L, 50 1.5 and 135L, I'm thinking in:
1) selling the 50mm 1.4 and buy the 50L
2) buying the Sigma 85 1.4
3) buying 85L (more difficult due to the money involved)
Anyone had a similar debate?
1) how often do you shoot wide open on the 50, if a lot then the L would be a nice upgrade, if you're more or less at f2 or smaller all the time then there is little advantage in the L
2) a good lens indeed (caveat I don't own it), but the 85 1.8 is just as good IMHO and costs a lot less plus just be careful not to shoot wide open in high contrast or you get purple fringing, but even that is easily correctable in post and gone by f2.2.
3) due to money sounds like it's not really an option, but if you can afford it it's one of the pieces of glass you will likely hold on to for a long time.