April 17, 2014, 01:23:23 AM

Author Topic: Cam Ranger and focus peaking  (Read 699 times)

MARKOE PHOTOE

• Rebel T5i
  • A better box of crayons makes the job easier...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
Cam Ranger and focus peaking
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd share this information with all the MF lens shooters out there; the CamRanger accessory provides focus peaking which I find to be a great asset for manual focusing.  Especially nice when you're focus stacking. The focus peaking highlights are in red and not white like other camera manufacturers use.  I personally find the red to be easier to see and obviously focus on the LCD.

CamRanger also has a feature for focus stacking and setting up the number of shots you want but I have yet to determine if it does a better job than what I can do manually, other than it does it automatically after set up.

My Fuji X cameras have focus peaking and this feature is so nice to use with MF lenses.  After you start using this feature its so hard to consider not having it on every camera  you use.
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.

canon rumors FORUM

Cam Ranger and focus peaking
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »

AcutancePhotography

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Cam Ranger and focus peaking
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »
I did not see anything on the CamRanger page that specifically mentioned focus peaking. 

I wish there was a way I could get my Canon and Nikon cameras to be able to do focus peaking.  It is a handy capability for different types of photography.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light

convexferret

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »
Camranger and Magic Lantern provide focus peaking

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »