November 01, 2014, 02:21:06 AM

Author Topic: Cost of Canon 5D mk III  (Read 10443 times)

RC

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of Canon 5D mk III
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »

5D3 sales for ~$2500 have happened already and are bound to happen again. Just get one then.

pardon my stupid question, but is there a way for me to know when such sales are going on?
I don't monitor this forum daily - should I ? would it be posted here? Or perhaps there is an easier way?

thanks

1) keep an eye here as I see CR post from time to time when massive rebates occur.
2) keep an eye on adorama ebay store and other legitimate vendors with ebay presence.
3) keep an eye on canonpricewatch.com especially their deals section

A few fly-in-the-ointment comments.  Timing wise, we just had the rebate cycle at the end of the year and you may have missed a good chance, but these chances reoccur periodically.  You may just have to wait some. Also, these fire-sales happen and end so quickly, you need to have a firm price point and game-plan and clinch the right deal when you see it. Few 100 units sold and you could be out of luck if you are thinking about it. If you are in Europe or certain countries, all bets are off as I hear customs penalizes imports with added tariffs at entry.  This is to ensure you buy locally and support native vendors and pay higher taxes.

Regardless, always choose reputable dealers as this is a purchase over 2K. In your desperation to land a good deal, never compromise on that. If t looks too good to be true, it probably is. Good luck.

I would also add Amazon, B&H, and Norman Camera to your daily list of sites to check.  I set myself a price threshold of $3000 and that was after the first wave of $2500 ebay deals which I could never bring myself around to biting on.  When Amazon dropped below $3000 late last year (I think it only lasted a couple of days) I pulled the trigger.  I also knew in the back of my mind it was just a matter of time until online sales tax kicked in--well that day has come for me sooner that I though so do put off your purchase for too long.  If you see a fair deal I'd go for it, that fantastic deal may never come.  It's hard to say when the $2500 deals will show up again.  Personally I'm sticking with authorized dealers but then again I'm not a gambler.  Good luck.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
Buy the 5d mark iii with the lens 24-105 from Amazon,...then sell the lens on Craiglist for,.... 750 or 800 and your body will be 2500.
The lens is crap for me but it generates money fast,.... cause a lot of people love it.
For me the f4 stop, strong purple hazing and pronounced distortion make it impossible to like.
Any person which is not dead center of picture, has egg shaped head,...i feel like a cannibal....want to eat them.

Good luck.

Could you please some sample photos which make you hungry. I want to learn. Please.
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I don't have any problems with my 24-105, maybe Magnardo just doesn't know how to use it.
Maybe it has something to do with him feeling like a "cannibal" ;D
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »
Buy the 5d mark iii with the lens 24-105 from Amazon,...then sell the lens on Craiglist for,.... 750 or 800 and your body will be 2500.
The lens is crap for me but it generates money fast,.... cause a lot of people love it.
For me the f4 stop, strong purple hazing and pronounced distortion make it impossible to like.
Any person which is not dead center of picture, has egg shaped head,...i feel like a cannibal....want to eat them.

Good luck.

Could you please some sample photos which make you hungry. I want to learn. Please.
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I don't have any problems with my 24-105, maybe Magnardo just doesn't know how to use it.
Maybe it has something to do with him feeling like a "cannibal" ;D
:D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »