December 19, 2014, 04:46:15 AM

Author Topic: Are you really serious about 6D?  (Read 40625 times)

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Are you really serious about 6D?
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »
Please help me understand why people are excited about 6D? I cannot be excited about 97% VF, 1 x-pt AF, crippled 6D with wifi and facebook buttons. I will stick to a 5-year-old beloved 5D Mark II which is identical in IQ to Canon's newest sensors. Canon, you are not getting a dime of my money on your recent cameras. I have diversified my lenses so am not hostage to inferior sensors anymore.

canon rumors FORUM

Are you really serious about 6D?
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Are you really serious about 6D?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:44:56 PM »
Canon, you are not getting a dime of my money on your recent cameras.

I'm sure they'll be crying all the way to the bank, as 60D and Rebel shooters, attracted by the allure of FF and by the 'affordable' price, coupled with consumer-oriented features like GPS, WiFi, and an SD card slot, buy up 6D's left and right.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »

I'm sure they'll be crying all the way to the bank, as 60D and Rebel shooters, attracted by the allure of FF and by the 'affordable' price, coupled with consumer-oriented features like GPS, WiFi, and an SD card slot, buy up 6D's left and right.

Bravo, Canon stockholder! As for those Canon shooters who are stuck with inferior sensors.... good luck, buddy.

jfretless

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »

Please explain how Nikon's "better" sensors are impacting your photography, costing you money, affecting your cat pictures?  Are you at a point where you are truly limited by the sensor?  I don't see why you type of people take Canon's business plan so personally.  They don't care about you.  They make products.  You like it, you buy it.  You don't.. don't.  Leave to Nikon.  Who friggin' cares.  Move on.
Bravo, Canon stockholder! As for those Canon shooters who are stuck with inferior sensors.... good luck, buddy.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:59 PM »

Please explain how Nikon's "better" sensors are impacting your photography, costing you money, affecting your cat pictures?  Are you at a point where you are truly limited by the sensor?  I don't see why you type of people take Canon's business plan so personally.  They don't care about you.  They make products.  You like it, you buy it.  You don't.. don't.  Leave to Nikon.  Who friggin' cares.  Move on.
Well said! In the case of the sensor, I haven't even held the 6D in my hands, but from reading here I understand that the sensor will be slightly better than the one in the 5D2 + other cool features that Neuro describes and the better AF. Not bad if you ask me.

x-vision

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
Please help me understand why people are excited about 6D?

People are finally able to afford the Holy Grail - a full frame DSLR.
They are in awe and even 6D's single-point AF system (effectively) is holy.
It's a blasphemy to speak against it.
8)

Artifex

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »
I have some difficulty understanding your point with this. If you are satisfy with the 5D Mk II, I don't see why you would buy a new camera anyway; lenses seem like a best investment in my opinion. It seems the 6D is aimed mostly for people who wants to move from crop sensor to FF but are on a budget, just like myself. I personally shoot in manual focus about 99,9999% of the time, so the number of cross type focus point for the AF passes well above my head. The fact is that in term of image quality, both 5D Mk II, Mk III and 6D are pretty similar because it is the lens that matters most. I can see much how the 6D is so pathetic; yes it is less robust, as a less effective AF, etc. The 5D Mk III is there for a reason. However, I rather save the few hundreds bucks and get myself lenses (or food). Also, the 6D as a 97% VF, the 5D Mk II as a 98% VF... I am not sure how the 1% lost is going to affect you, but for myself, I guess I could live with it, especially since the 6D as better ISO performance. The Wifi and GPS don't interest me all that much; however, the great thing is that they can be turn off if you don't want them (although the Wifi can be really nice for studio work and maybe with future update, be used as intervalometer). Lastly, I most say I am disappointed to see so much people bashing and fighting about sensor and camera, I feel like I am in high school again, with people insulting each other because they don't like the same things. In a forum about photography, I though people would speak more about the actual art, and not about what piece of gear sucks. The tools we use are not that important; I should say barely important. If the camera becomes more important that person holding it, we are not photograph anymore, but just image takers.
6D, 550D; Samyang 14mm f/2.8, Zuiko 28mm f/3.5, Samyang 35mm f/1.4, Zuiko 50mm f/1.8, Sears 55mm f/1.4, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f/3.5, Kenko Extension Tubes.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »

ChilledXpress

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »
Please help me understand why people are excited about 6D? I cannot be excited about 97% VF, 1 x-pt AF, crippled 6D with wifi and facebook buttons. I will stick to a 5-year-old beloved 5D Mark II which is identical in IQ to Canon's newest sensors. Canon, you are not getting a dime of my money on your recent cameras. I have diversified my lenses so am not hostage to inferior sensors anymore.

You mad bro?

I'm sure they are quaking in their boots. Whaaa whaaa whaaaaaa !!! Wait for it... Shimomaruko 3-Chome just went black from Poias's 2 cent withdrawl. Like fanatic sports fans beating up each other... I will never understand how an inatimate objects or the likes, causes peoples brain cells to atrophy. 

Megalomania - a psychopathological disorder characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence. Its characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs'.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:46:11 PM by ChilledXpress »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »
As for those Canon shooters who are stuck with inferior sensors.... good luck, buddy.

Yep, most of Reuters, the official White House photographer, and the general public in numbers far greater than any other dSLR manufacturer.  Poor bastards.

I have some difficulty understanding your point with this.

It's pretty clear this is your basic trolling post, and a rather unimaginative one, at that.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »

Nothing better to do, eh?
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

HawkeyeOC

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »
Please help me understand why people are excited about 6D?

People are finally able to afford the Holy Grail - a full frame DSLR.
They are in awe and even 6D's single-point AF system (effectively) is holy.
It's a blasphemy to speak against it.
8)

Describes me perfectly. Every day since I have had the 6D, I have been in awe ;D

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 12:27:19 AM »
If you're using 5D2, I can't see you upgrading to 6D.  However for a rebel user, a 6D is very appealing.  WTH, some of these shots were taken with Nikon D200.  For me, brand doesn't matter.  Even your camera body doesn't matter that much.  Lens does matter more than the camera body.  But in the end, the one who takes matters most.  Enough of gear whining.   ;)

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/pipoujid/popular-interesting/

candyman

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 04:06:10 AM »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 04:06:10 AM »

azezal

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38:10 AM »
As far as I get it,the 6d may be good in one area

It might replace the 60d 'a' as the lightpainters' ultimate camera

:-\
Anonymity is a blessing,Ignorance is bliss

robbinzo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 04:54:34 AM »
The 6D is an upgade for the 60D. The 5D mark III is an upgrade for the 5D mark II. If you want to upgrade your mark II buy a mark III.

The 6D is not aimed at Pros. It is an upgrade for Rebel owners, although the autofocus system for the 6D is puzzling because the 650D has 9 cross type AF points. The one cross type point in the centre is good and probably simplifies focusing for amateurs anyway. You pays your money you makes your choice.

Personally I would have liked a pop up flash on the 6D like the 60D with it's integrated speedlite transmitter. The 6D would have won out over the 5D III with a few tweaks but I'm now waiting for 5D III prices to come down next year before I go for it.
70D, 10-22mm EFS, 17-40mm L, 15-85mm EFS, 100L macro, 50mm f/1.4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 04:54:34 AM »