December 19, 2014, 07:02:07 AM

Author Topic: Are you really serious about 6D?  (Read 40634 times)

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Are you really serious about 6D?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 05:01:43 AM »
Please help me understand why people are excited about 6D? I cannot be excited about 97% VF, 1 x-pt AF, crippled 6D with wifi and facebook buttons. I will stick to a 5-year-old beloved 5D Mark II which is identical in IQ to Canon's newest sensors. Canon, you are not getting a dime of my money on your recent cameras. I have diversified my lenses so am not hostage to inferior sensors anymore.

+1

But i will switch to Nikon. Where i live the difference between Nikon D800 and 6D is around $500, the Nikon D600 is cheaper than 6D.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 05:01:43 AM »

Harv

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My SmugMug Web Location
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 05:30:52 AM »
Please help me understand why people are excited about 6D? I cannot be excited about 97% VF, 1 x-pt AF, crippled 6D with wifi and facebook buttons. I will stick to a 5-year-old beloved 5D Mark II which is identical in IQ to Canon's newest sensors. Canon, you are not getting a dime of my money on your recent cameras. I have diversified my lenses so am not hostage to inferior sensors anymore.

I suspect the troll filter has malfunctioned.  We should really get that thing repaired before more trolls slip through.
Looking at life through a 1D4 and a 5D3 plus lots of red rings.

http://www.harveyg.smugmug.com

Gothmoth

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 05:33:49 AM »
it´s simple.. maybe not so simple because some don´t get it.

the 6D is not meant as a primary upgrade path for 5D MK2 owners.

it´s for people who want to step into FF territory.

as a 5D MK2 owner you upgrade would be.. suprise suprise.. the 5D MK3.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 05:36:43 AM »

+1

But i will switch to Nikon. Where i live the difference between Nikon D800 and 6D is around $500, the Nikon D600 is cheaper than 6D.

All the best with your switch.  In some countries, 6D is more expensive while in others just like ours, it's cheaper.  Just remember that you also need to switch lenses.  It should also be expensive to switch unless you're still not yet invested in Canon lenses.

Gothmoth

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »

+1

All the best with your switch.  In some countries, 6D is more expensive while in others just like ours, it's cheaper.  Just remember that you also need to switch lenses.  It should also be expensive to switch unless you're still not yet invested in Canon lenses.

as long as he is gone from this forum.... im fine with that.

the 5D MK3 is chosen camera of the year by so many magazines and tech institutions... and for a good reason.
and no hyper sensor would help that kid to make better pictures...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:08:12 AM by Gothmoth »

Marine03

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 06:25:20 AM »
The OP sounded like a big cry baby like many one these forms.  Sure we all want super camera's that are better than anything else out there.      But as an enthusiast stuck with a 450 D for the past 4 years upgrading is finely insight and even if its based on 4 year old technology I can't tell you how many times when I see a great photo taken online part of the data given was that a 5D2 took the picture, so if I can afford maybe early next year to get on something that is an upgrade even if small is HUGE.   

Call me a fool for liking the wifi shooting, it totally beats having to run back and forth to a tripod when setting up family pictures because someone might have gotten cut off, when I can see the results before I press the button.

Plus these camera's still can capture images out of the box pre PP that no one probably even considered 10 years ago.
6D, 450D(collecting dust), Nifty Fifty, 565EX Flash

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 07:05:05 AM »

+1

as long as he is gone from this forum.... im fine with that.

the 5D MK3 is chosen camera of the year by so many magazines and tech institutions... and for a good reason.
and no hyper sensor would help that kid to make better pictures...  ::)

Why so many people are indoctrinated (including you).... and under no reason can't admit that Canon is no longer No.1 in DSLR industry ( with the exception of flagship 1DX that is still unbeatable) ???

look at Nikon (Sony origin) sensors.... better resolution, way better DR and colors... yes beyond ISO 6400 -12800 Canon is better at High ISO.

D600 vs 6D... Nikon is wiping the floor with Canon ( with only one exception ISO performance beyond 12800)...but how many of us are shooting beyond that value ...10% and that occasionally ???

I an a professional photographer and is more easy to admit and buy/use what is best for my business, than other that are not thinking outside the box.

.....and yes the resolution of the image and quality is essential for my business; today only Nikon and MF cameras ( witch in don't afford yet ) can meet my demands.

That does not mean giving up totally on Canon, selling everything and delete my account from this forum; I still have many EF lenses and I will use in the future canon cameras ... but for my main business photography i will start to use Nikon.

Who knows... if Canon is delivering a better low noise sensor with the 7Dmk2 i will buy one as a fast walk around/sports camera.

Of course this situation can be reversed with the introduction of the rumored 46MP monster as a affordable 5D type body(3-4 k$ ), not a 1D style and many thousands of $$$

Nik.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:26:15 AM by nicku »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 07:05:05 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 07:57:37 AM »
Why so many people are indoctrinated (including you).... and under no reason can't admit that Canon is no longer No.1 in DSLR industry...???

look at Nikon (Sony origin) sensors.... better resolution, way better DR and colors... yes beyond ISO 6400 -12800 Canon is better at High ISO.

Why do so many people fail to understand that the sensor isn't the only part of the camera?  It's an important part, but no one buys a naked sensor to take pictures, they buy a camera.  Despite your opinion of who is 'No.1 in the dSLR industry' the absolute fact is that Canon sells more dSLRs than Nikon, Sony, or anyone else.  That's what #1 means, in the real world.  Someone may think Ferrari makes the best cars, but saying they're #1 in the auto industry makes that person sound foolish.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »
Why so many people are indoctrinated (including you).... and under no reason can't admit that Canon is no longer No.1 in DSLR industry...???

Why do so many people fail to understand that the sensor isn't the only part of the camera?  It's an important part, but no one buys a naked sensor to take pictures, they buy a camera.  Despite your opinion of who is 'No.1 in the dSLR industry' the absolute fact is that Canon sells more dSLRs than Nikon, Sony, or anyone else.  That's what #1 means, in the real world.  Someone may think Ferrari makes the best cars, but saying they're #1 in the auto industry makes that person sound foolish.

And than the Marketing and Publicity was invented  ;)

yes, you are right Canon ''still'' sells more, but that doesn't mean is better.

I give you an example :

Take 2 different  bottled water brands .... no. 1 is tasty and more qualitative than no. 2. Make 5 times more advertisement to no. 2 and in one year the sales/revenue will be way over no. 1 . In two years the price of the worst one will be higher than the more qualitative one.......
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:23:16 AM by nicku »

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 08:26:31 AM »

I'm not a big fan of 6D yet, but I do think this is a good entry level FF for people want to jump from crop to FF at lower budget. There is nothing wrong to have better ISO and cleaner images in photography. WiFi, GPS and other additional features are extra benefits. You can always shut it off if you have no need for it. I would take 6D over 5D II for one reason, true AUTO ISO in "M" mode  ;)      5D II has fixed AUTO ISO @ 400 in "M" mode >:(
Bodies: 1DX -- 5D III
Zooms: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Primes: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

leolol

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »
You gotta understand, everybody who hates on the 6d here is automatically a troll. Especially if you say that the d800 is only 200€ more expenisve.

zim

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 08:34:12 AM »
Take 2 different  bottled water brands .... no. 1 is tasty and more qualitative than no. 2. Make 5 times more advertisement to no. 2 and in one year the sales/revenue will be way over no. 1 . In two years the price of the worst one will be higher than the more qualitative one.......

;D ;D ;D
Can we have a funniest analogy of the year competition please?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 08:34:12 AM »

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 08:48:31 AM »

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/pipoujid/popular-interesting/

Great portfolio with stunning photos. I like them
I agree, very neat shots, cool, fun.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you own a macro lens and somehow got attached to it!   ;D
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »

yes, you are right Canon ''still'' sells more, but that doesn't mean is better.

You didn't say, "Canon no longer makes the best dSLRs in the industry." Even if you had, You have no evidence to support that claim.  If you had said, "Canon dSLRs do not use the best CMOS sensors in the industry, I'd accept that as truth.  But your claim that Canon is 'no longer No.1 in the dSLR industry' is simply untrue.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »