November 22, 2014, 04:24:28 PM

Author Topic: Anything shot with a 6D  (Read 229355 times)

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Anything shot with a 6D
« Reply #285 on: June 26, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
I have been really liking my 6d...it's odd, comparing to my mk3, there are some times where the colors fro mthe 6d pop a lot more than the mk3.  And other times where the mk3 shines...I have been using them in tandem and having a lot of fun!

6d, 50mm lens at f8, 1/125, and 2 430 ex's to camera right

I hate happy couples, but that's a nice shot!

I know what i do isn't everyones cup of tea, but, I see mostly landscapes and macro work here.  As someone who was greatly interested in how the 6d would stand up to shooting both people and weddings seeing more portrait work would have been awesome.  So, I post my portrait work here, that way others on the fence and wondering may see!

First is a mix of both portrait/landscape!

then a few wedding images

Nice shots!  I'm just jealous I can't marry all those women.  I'm in dire need of love and being nagged to death by a myriad of wives!

I wish I could make as much money from my photography as wedding shooters do, that's for sure.

TY Man, but ---- doing this kind of work isn't the big cash grab you may think, at least not for everyone.  This is only my second season shooting weddings.   Established weddings togs do make a decent living, but thats the key...established!  Last year I shot 6 weddings as primary shooter -- 2 of them in the 2k range, the other 4 sub 1k (basically ceremony only), and i shot 12 as 2nd shooter  This year I have 4 in the 2k range, and 7 below 1.5k.  So far 3 second shooter gigs.  Next year i should have more full coverage weddings and less second shooting.  But to really be making it with weddings you need to be doing 25-30 weddings at 2k at least, and that goal is probably at least 2-3 years off.

That's still a very nice paycheck.  What area are you in, if I may ask?

I would just like to edit images for wedding or event shooters.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #285 on: June 26, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #286 on: June 26, 2013, 02:08:02 PM »
I have been really liking my 6d...it's odd, comparing to my mk3, there are some times where the colors fro mthe 6d pop a lot more than the mk3.  And other times where the mk3 shines...I have been using them in tandem and having a lot of fun!

I know what i do isn't everyones cup of tea, but, I see mostly landscapes and macro work here.  As someone who was greatly interested in how the 6d would stand up to shooting both people and weddings seeing more portrait work would have been awesome.  So, I post my portrait work here, that way others on the fence and wondering may see!

Nice shots!  I'm just jealous I can't marry all those women.  I'm in dire need of love and being nagged to death by a myriad of wives!

I wish I could make as much money from my photography as wedding shooters do, that's for sure.

TY Man, but ---- doing this kind of work isn't the big cash grab you may think, at least not for everyone.  This is only my second season shooting weddings.   Established weddings togs do make a decent living, but thats the key...established!  Last year I shot 6 weddings as primary shooter -- 2 of them in the 2k range, the other 4 sub 1k (basically ceremony only), and i shot 12 as 2nd shooter  This year I have 4 in the 2k range, and 7 below 1.5k.  So far 3 second shooter gigs.  Next year i should have more full coverage weddings and less second shooting.  But to really be making it with weddings you need to be doing 25-30 weddings at 2k at least, and that goal is probably at least 2-3 years off.

Buffalo NY....

it's not horrible pay, about 13k...lop the taxes off of that though and its 10 k, then gear, advertising....it won't be a self suficient operation for a few more years.  With that said, growth is growth!
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

iKenndac

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 26, 2013, 04:21:08 PM »
Went to a woodland obstacle course this weekend. Got loads of great photos with my 6D + 70-200 f/4 L (no IS) - here's one of my favourites.

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2013, 09:08:49 AM »
Went to a woodland obstacle course this weekend. Got loads of great photos with my 6D + 70-200 f/4 L (no IS) - here's one of my favourites.

Nice shot.  Good focus and nice, vivid colors.

Here's one with the new Tamron 70-200 VC that I have for review purposes right now.

Me and My Book by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr
6D x 2 | EOS-M w/22mm f/2 + 18-55 STM + EF Adapter| Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 35mm f/2 IS | 40mm f/2.8 | 100L | 135L | 70-300L -----OLD SCHOOL----- SMC Takumar 28mm f/3.5, Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5, SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8, Helios 44-2 and 44-4, Super Takumar 150mm f/4

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »

Wedding income is one of the most reliable ways to make money as a photographer, but it is not only a lot of work, you have to have the right temperament.  You have to take charge, direct traffic, pose people, and manage personalities usually under serious time constraints.  I don't shoot a ton of weddings, but I am always exhausted by the end of the day.

My unique position this Saturday is that I am both the wedding photographer and the officiating minister (I have a second shooter for the ceremony).  I've done this before, and it definitely leaves me wiped.
6D x 2 | EOS-M w/22mm f/2 + 18-55 STM + EF Adapter| Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 35mm f/2 IS | 40mm f/2.8 | 100L | 135L | 70-300L -----OLD SCHOOL----- SMC Takumar 28mm f/3.5, Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5, SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8, Helios 44-2 and 44-4, Super Takumar 150mm f/4

rpt

• Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »

Wedding income is one of the most reliable ways to make money as a photographer, but it is not only a lot of work, you have to have the right temperament.  You have to take charge, direct traffic, pose people, and manage personalities usually under serious time constraints.  I don't shoot a ton of weddings, but I am always exhausted by the end of the day.

My unique position this Saturday is that I am both the wedding photographer and the officiating minister (I have a second shooter for the ceremony).  I've done this before, and it definitely leaves me wiped.
Here is an idea - carry your camera as you conduct the ceremony and the punch line will be - "you can kiss the bride" - Click! I am pretty sure hardly anyone has done that! It could be your signature move and you could copyright/patent it... (for a small consideration ;)  )

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »

No doubt about that!  It's something I definitely know from experience.  People actually have to want to do what you say.  It's good you can command people like that.  The only way I can do that, is by getting ugly with them...and they certainly aren't smiling at me then! 

I could only be a wedding photographer, if I had a team of kind people, probably mostly female (who are somehow also nice)...telling the subjects how and where to pose, etc.  I would also have to somehow get pleasure out of seeing couples in love.  None of these things will ever happen for me...haha. 

Btw, that is some smooth bokeh highlights from that Tamron 70-200.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »

Jack Douglas

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2013, 04:30:55 PM »
A couple little creatures we love and hate.  Anyone have experience with something like the 300 with an extension tube for closer focus??

6D

Bee  300 X2  1600th  F11  ISO1600

Fly  300 X1.4  400th  F9  ISO  800

Jack
6D  24-70 F4  70-200 F2.8 II  300 F2.8 II  1.4X III  2X III

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2013, 10:51:52 PM »
A couple little creatures we love and hate.  Anyone have experience with something like the 300 with an extension tube for closer focus??

6D

Bee  300 X2  1600th  F11  ISO1600

Fly  300 X1.4  400th  F9  ISO  800

Jack

Nice shots Jack.  Looks like you're already getting decent magnification with the teleconverters.  It would be huge with both TC and extension tubes.

jojolemerou

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 04, 2013, 09:42:36 AM »
Tour de France 2013 Marseille.
6D with 24-105

Jack Douglas

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 05, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »
Just now having a problem posting - try again.

It's orange for today.

6D  300 X2

Jack

Jack Douglas

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 05, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »
Oops

Jack Douglas

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:11 AM »
Could someone please tell these guys to look after themselves!  :)

6D  300 X2 1600th  F20  ISO 3200

Jack

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:11 AM »

Jack Douglas

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »
Same model but different angle that doesn't show the damage as much.

Jack

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »
Here's something I love about the 6D - the ability to set AUTO ISO in changing lighting conditions and get consistently well exposed images.  I still prefer manual setting everything when I want to affect the mood, but the AUTO ISO actually works on the 6D.  Even cooler is when I look at an image like this one (a fellow photographer was trying out my kit and shot this of me) and seeing that this still very clean looking image was shot at ISO 20,000 in terrible light at a banquet!

P.S.  Luminance noise reduction is ZERO here.  It is a RAW image converted with only the standard import settings in LR5.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »