September 23, 2014, 08:54:53 PM

Author Topic: Anything shot with a 6D  (Read 204000 times)

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
Re: Anything shot with a 6D
« Reply #495 on: September 03, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »
Here's a change of pace shot:

Rustic by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

Did you photograph that or paint it  ;)

Lovely effect.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #495 on: September 03, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »

jhaces

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 03, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »
This was recently shot on a 6d :( I'm pretty sure it's a memory card failure but still :P First time this has happened so I'm trying not to have a panic attack    :-[

ecka

• 5D Mark III
  • Size matters ;)
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #497 on: September 03, 2013, 04:01:55 PM »
This was recently shot on a 6d :( I'm pretty sure it's a memory card failure but still :P First time this has happened so I'm trying not to have a panic attack    :-[

Did you try re-copying this image from your card? It is very likely that the data was corrupted during the transfer.
FF + primes !

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #498 on: September 03, 2013, 04:54:09 PM »

Lovely effect.

As you probably know, it was shot (Canon 135L 2 f/2), but I did the painterly effect in Alien Skin Snap Art 3.  I am doing some work for the company and they wanted to see me experiment some with the program, so I seeing what I can create for them right now.
6D x 2 | EOS-M w/22mm f/2 + 18-55 STM + EF Adapter| Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 35mm f/2 IS | 40mm f/2.8 | 100L | 135L | 70-300L -----OLD SCHOOL----- SMC Takumar 28mm f/3.5, Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5, SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8, Helios 44-2 and 44-4, Super Takumar 150mm f/4

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #499 on: September 03, 2013, 06:56:58 PM »

Or, an Alien Abduction in Progress!
What is truth?

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

Or, an Alien Abduction in Progress!

LOL...as in Dustin's Alien Skin Snap Art 3 ;D
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #501 on: September 04, 2013, 02:46:42 AM »

Lovely effect.

As you probably know, it was shot (Canon 135L 2 f/2), but I did the painterly effect in Alien Skin Snap Art 3.  I am doing some work for the company and they wanted to see me experiment some with the program, so I seeing what I can create for them right now.

Just a question sir, I'm currently trying out Alien Skin Exposure 5.  Do I have to install additional software to use that effect you used or Exposure 5 is enough?

Thanks.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #501 on: September 04, 2013, 02:46:42 AM »

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #502 on: September 04, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »

Lovely effect.

Just a question sir, I'm currently trying out Alien Skin Exposure 5.  Do I have to install additional software to use that effect you used or Exposure 5 is enough?

Thanks.

The painterly effect is done with a separate program from Alien Skin called "Snap Art 3".  There is also a free trial on it.  If you decide that it would be helpful, I would recommend just getting the software bundle as it is much cheaper that way.
6D x 2 | EOS-M w/22mm f/2 + 18-55 STM + EF Adapter| Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 35mm f/2 IS | 40mm f/2.8 | 100L | 135L | 70-300L -----OLD SCHOOL----- SMC Takumar 28mm f/3.5, Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5, SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8, Helios 44-2 and 44-4, Super Takumar 150mm f/4

jhaces

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 04, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »

Did you try re-copying this image from your card? It is very likely that the data was corrupted during the transfer.

Yeah. Still corrupted. I guess it's a block on the mem card itself. Did a low-level format that I hope will take care of things.
Do not mean to hijack the thread ;) But thanks to all ;)

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 05, 2013, 03:41:03 PM »

Lovely effect.

Thanks.

The painterly effect is done with a separate program from Alien Skin called "Snap Art 3".  There is also a free trial on it.  If you decide that it would be helpful, I would recommend just getting the software bundle as it is much cheaper that way.

Dustin, it looks nice, except for the color of the barn, but to each their own.  Would be interesting to see a "before and after", although as an artist I can see where presenting both might not be desirable, as well.

J.R.

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
clicked this recently
5D3, 6D
16-35L, 24-70L II, 70-200L II, 100-400L, 50L, 85L II, 135L, 24TSE, 40, 100 macro, 600RT x 4
I come here to learn something new, not to learn how bad my gear is - I know that already ;-)!

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #506 on: September 06, 2013, 09:33:57 AM »

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »

Lovely effect.

Thanks.

Dustin, it looks nice, except for the color of the barn, but to each their own.  Would be interesting to see a "before and after", although as an artist I can see where presenting both might not be desirable, as well.

Ironic, as the color of the barn is one of my favorite parts.  I've just agreed to a contract to have pieces like this used for the building blocks of the website for this particular program.  Not all of my followers like this stylistic approach, but it is a nice way for me to stretch myself artistically while also having some commercial success.  The before and after on this shot may end up in a tutorial blog on the website.  If that happens, I will send you a link.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 06, 2013, 04:12:56 PM »

Lovely effect.

Thanks.

Ironic, as the color of the barn is one of my favorite parts.  I've just agreed to a contract to have pieces like this used for the building blocks of the website for this particular program.  Not all of my followers like this stylistic approach, but it is a nice way for me to stretch myself artistically while also having some commercial success.  The before and after on this shot may end up in a tutorial blog on the website.  If that happens, I will send you a link.

Red barns are sooo passe ;D

I liked your blue barn ;)
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 07, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »

Lovely effect.

Thanks.

Red barns are sooo passe ;D

I liked your blue barn ;)
I see a "it's green", "it's blue" discussion starting up. Keep the popcorn ready! :)

Oh! Btw, definitely green. ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #509 on: September 07, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »