Gear Talk > Third Party Manufacturers

A Wedding Photographer's Look at the Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD

(1/3) > >>

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
For those still considering this lens, here's my take on my first wedding done with the lens:

http://www.dustinabbott.net/2012/12/a-wedding-photographers-look-at-the-tamron-sp-24-70mm-f2-8-di-vc-usd/

I have given quite a few examples and reviewed it more from the perspective of professional use in that type of setting.

Here's one of the photos from last weekend:

Winter Wedding by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

Also, if you are interested, here is my initial review of the lens on my website:

http://www.dustinabbott.net/2012/11/tamron-sp-24-70mm-f2-8-di-vc-usd-review/

Nishi Drew:
Ahh yes, looks good, it's either this or the Sigma 35 for me, but being able to shoot slow stopped down is certainly a good point for those group/scenic shots. It's sharp and the bokeh looks great too

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: Nishi Drew on December 17, 2012, 03:19:07 AM ---Ahh yes, looks good, it's either this or the Sigma 35 for me, but being able to shoot slow stopped down is certainly a good point for those group/scenic shots. It's sharp and the bokeh looks great too

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  It is when you have to stop down that a lens with a great VC system like makes a lot of sense.  You don't have to crank ISOs to get a decent hand-holdable sharpness.

KingBen:

--- Quote from: elinfaxo on January 18, 2013, 06:05:54 AM ---I had gone through the posts.  Wedding photos remains as a  best memorable moment in our life's. What are the lens are used in the camera's?  There are a lot of different types of lenses appropriate for many different situations and needs.

photographer

--- End quote ---

And kaboom, head mashed.... I was hoping I would get to the end of the week before that happened.

Marsu42:

--- Quote from: TWI by Dustin Abbott on December 17, 2012, 08:56:14 AM ---It is when you have to stop down that a lens with a great VC system like makes a lot of sense.
--- End quote ---

Interesting review, thanks. One question though since i see you've also got the 24-105L with IS (next to a zoo of other lenses in this focal range): Do you think the f2.8 aperture makes a decisive difference for your work, and when do you still use the 24-105L at all if you are so convinced by the Tamron?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version