October 24, 2014, 11:48:57 AM

Author Topic: Best landscape lenses  (Read 4283 times)

Policar

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
Re: Best landscape lenses
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »
That sounds a lot easier than with a view camera. And picking the right aperture is just a matter of stopping down until the rest is in focus? And since it's displaying single pixels anyway, determining the circle of confusion is trivial if you just assume it's at the pixel level? And I can shoot in raw with an ultra-high contrast picture style to preview the changes I'll make and not worry about spot metering everything in frame? And not worry about exposure compensation? This sounds so ridiculously easy!

Do you use MLU and a cable release? I'd like to have the option to do long exposures, so I guess ND filters would help.

Looks nice, btw, and technically immaculate. Not my style (lens is wider than I like) but nice.

What software do you use to develop? That's sharp enough for a 12X15 print that will give me no problems and sharper than I'm used to with JPEG.

I think diffraction is way overrated, especially since you can sharpen in post. The perception of sharpness from deep focus and the lens's inherent micro contrast seems to matter a lot more. But past f16 things get hairy fast, so I do want tilt.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »

TAF

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 12:21:03 PM »
Privatebydesign - many thanks for all the very useful information, references, and hands on use experience you've provided.  I see a MkII TS in my future.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 12:21:03 PM »