July 22, 2014, 04:02:50 PM

Author Topic: Help 600d viewfinder issue  (Read 1105 times)

davidd

Help 600d viewfinder issue
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
Afternoon,

A friend has just dropped her camera round for me to look at. Her son shoved his finger into the eyepiece and now it is all Blurry. The camera will still focus and take pictures. I have tried adjusting the diopter which makes no difference, and if I look though it I can see a black line, like a frame in there. I suspect something has come lose ( I have taken the eye piece bit off ).

I was going to pull it apart to see i could fix it, however it is not massively obvious.

So, does anyone know how I get it apart? Or where ps he can take it in Cambridge to get it mended this week?

Many thanks

D

canon rumors FORUM

Help 600d viewfinder issue
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »

Nishi Drew

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Help 600d viewfinder issue
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:54 AM »
If the camera is still new, or to say at least under warranty then definitely get it looked at/sent in by professionals. If you're comfortable with taking it apart then understand that you're dealing with optical paths and will be tricky putting it all back together (if you can take it apart properly that is), the 600D has a Penta-mirror for the VF, pretty sure it'll mostly be mirrors/glass that have been pasted together, but you may not need to go that far.
The issue sounds like it's with the diopter, with a finger pushed in there, it must have come loose and got pushed too far in? That's why adjusting doesn't do anything, as it's not moving at all possibly.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
+1.  Take it to an expert from Canon.  They'll know what to do.  Don't take apart the camera on your own unless you've already set your mind that it's fine for you whatever happens.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »