Damn. Now you guys have me looking at DXO Pro Elite. Remind me to kick your a....... oh never mind. It's just more money for photography. The kids can wear those 'high water' pants another month or two!
What would you say is your biggest reason for using DXO? I assume this adds a step into your workflow. From original RAW in to DXO out to DNG in to Lightroom (or whatever you use, like Aperture) then eventually out to whatever like custom JPG.
- Just for grins, how does it work on JPGs from P&S cameras?
- Do you usually do all the culling/sorting/deleting in DXO?
- Does DXO convert into DNG faster than Lightroom?
- Does the DNG DXO creates have the RAW file embedded?
- I assume all the changes DXO makes are non-destructive but still integrated into the DNG, correct? (No sidecar files if using DNG?)
- CA adjustment in LR4 is pretty good. Ditto for NR and Lens Profiles. Why do you think DXO is better?
- How well does the dust speck removal work? That would be pretty nice if it worked better than what I have to do manually in LR. (Because I always forget to do dust delete data collection shots in camera.)
- Can the DXO changes be undone later in Lightroom?
What are the features that you miss or think need improvement in DXO?
File sizes after DXO? Bigger? Similar to Lightroom generated DNG files?
Thanks in advance for the info guys.