Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

Flash transceiver

(1/4) > >>

mw:
I have a 5D3 and a Speedlight 430EX. Is it possible to set up a wireless connection between the camera and flash without adding in separate transmitter and receiver? I had a 7D a while back and I was able to do a wireless set up, but not on the 5D3 for some reasons.

neuroanatomist:
No.  On the 7D, the popup flash is the transmitter - the 5DIII does not have one.

mw:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on December 19, 2012, 12:04:21 PM ---No.  On the 7D, the popup flash is the transmitter - the 5DIII does not have one.

--- End quote ---

As always, thank you. 

In that case, any recommendation for a dependable flash transmitter and receiver that won't burn my wallet?  I am not planning to use it often.

Rat:
Having had pretty much the same problem, I just ordered two Yongnuo YN-622C's. Depending on your location, you should be able to get them for anywhere between 80 and 100 USD for the pair. Anything cheaper will be far less versatile. Most alternatives with equal functionality are more expensive (Pocket Wizards, Phottix Odin) or again less functional (Phottix Strato, older YN's). Flip side is that build quality of YN is far from stellar.

Drizzt321:

--- Quote from: Rat on December 19, 2012, 04:26:30 PM ---Having had pretty much the same problem, I just ordered two Yongnuo YN-622C's. Depending on your location, you should be able to get them for anywhere between 80 and 100 USD for the pair. Anything cheaper will be far less versatile. Most alternatives with equal functionality are more expensive (Pocket Wizards, Phottix Odin) or again less functional (Phottix Strato, older YN's). Flip side is that build quality of YN is far from stellar.

--- End quote ---

The Phottix Strato II's are fairly reasonable, although it's a simple trigger, and don't give you any kind of TTL build quality is fairly decent, and it's RF which means it can trigger where you don't have line-of-sight which is needed for the built-in TTL on the 430 EX/580EX speedlites. The Yongnuo YN-622C's are RF with TTL support, and by most reviews they work well which for their price is fantastic. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm tempted to even though I already have the Strato II's, 1 transmitter 3 receivers simply because the wireless TTL and wireless manually setting the power of the speedlites would be fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version