Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Blackmagic Design Cinema Cam finally shipping!

(1/4) > >>

Axilrod:
Shop called and said the distributor already has them and mine will be here 2 days after Christmas!  Looking forward to playing with it.

paul13walnut5:
Nice, looking forward to seeing what you get out of it.

What add-ons are you speccing?

I'm tempted by the C100... 

Axilrod:

--- Quote from: paul13walnut5 on December 21, 2012, 06:55:25 AM ---Nice, looking forward to seeing what you get out of it.

What add-ons are you speccing?

I'm tempted by the C100...

--- End quote ---

Long time no see Paulie!  I played with the C100 actually and was very impressed with it, excellent ergonomics and image quality, I think it's a great camera.  Anyone that was bashing it based on specs should give it another look.

I thought about picking one up, and might still in the future, but the BMCC's price and 2.5K raw is just too attractive (plus my local shop bumped me to the top of the list of 40 preorders so I couldn't pass it up).  As for accessories, all I've really checked out are the handles, SSD's, and Anton Bauer battery packs, those are the most necessary for now.  I guess I'm going to have to get some new lenses as well, either the Tokina 11-16mm or the Sigma 8-16mm (although I don't know that I can deal with the variable aperture of the Sigma). 

HurtinMinorKey:
Congrats!

What type of workstation do you have for it?

Axilrod:

--- Quote from: HurtinMinorKey on December 22, 2012, 01:34:52 PM ---Congrats!

What type of workstation do you have for it?

--- End quote ---

At the moment I have a 3.1 i5 iMac, 16GB RAM, 1TB 7200RPM, 1GB VRAM, but my new one should be coming in early January.  3.4 i7, 3TB Fusion Drive, 32GB RAM, 2GB VRAM, and I'm working off of SSD thunderbolt drives so I think I'll be alright.  I've messed with some of the Cinema DNG files and even on my current setup it seemed to handle it just fine, so I'm hoping it'll be pretty snappy with my new setup.  But if that doesn't work I may buy a Mac Pro or build a Hackintosh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version