Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Blackmagic Design Cinema Cam finally shipping!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Axilrod:
Oh an Paulie, were there any accessories for the BMC that you found intriguing?

HurtinMinorKey:

--- Quote from: Axilrod on December 23, 2012, 03:52:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: HurtinMinorKey on December 22, 2012, 01:34:52 PM ---Congrats!

What type of workstation do you have for it?

--- End quote ---

At the moment I have a 3.1 i5 iMac, 16GB RAM, 1TB 7200RPM, 1GB VRAM, but my new one should be coming in early January.  3.4 i7, 3TB Fusion Drive, 32GB RAM, 2GB VRAM, and I'm working off of SSD thunderbolt drives so I think I'll be alright.  I've messed with some of the Cinema DNG files and even on my current setup it seemed to handle it just fine, so I'm hoping it'll be pretty snappy with my new setup.  But if that doesn't work I may buy a Mac Pro or build a Hackintosh.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. It will be really interesting to see how the new iMacs handle editing RAW in  DaVinici Resolve. I am considering this setup myself. keep us up to date with how it goes!

Axilrod:

--- Quote from: HurtinMinorKey on December 23, 2012, 05:24:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Axilrod on December 23, 2012, 03:52:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: HurtinMinorKey on December 22, 2012, 01:34:52 PM ---Congrats!

What type of workstation do you have for it?

--- End quote ---

At the moment I have a 3.1 i5 iMac, 16GB RAM, 1TB 7200RPM, 1GB VRAM, but my new one should be coming in early January.  3.4 i7, 3TB Fusion Drive, 32GB RAM, 2GB VRAM, and I'm working off of SSD thunderbolt drives so I think I'll be alright.  I've messed with some of the Cinema DNG files and even on my current setup it seemed to handle it just fine, so I'm hoping it'll be pretty snappy with my new setup.  But if that doesn't work I may buy a Mac Pro or build a Hackintosh.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. It will be really interesting to see how the new iMacs handle editing RAW in  DaVinici Resolve. I am considering this setup myself. keep us up to date with how it goes!

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure it's going to scream.  My current setup scored around 9500 on Geekbench, I'm expecting the new one to score at least 13000.  Even my 2.3 i7 Macbook pro with 256GB SSD/16GB Ram scored 11,500, SSD's alone make a huge difference. 

I also use the Lacie Thunderbolt to eSata adapter so I can hook up at least 2 of my drives via eSata, that thing is absolutely worth the couple hundred bucks.  Also the Sonnet Thunderbolt Expresscard Adapter is great when coupled with the dual CF card reader, absolutely screams and you can copy two completely full cards in a couple minutes, also highly recommended.

paul13walnut5:
@Axilrod

--- Quote ---Oh an Paulie, were there any accessories for the BMC that you found intriguing?
--- End quote ---

I find the whole concept quite intriguing.  I like and trust blackmagic from using their video cards and codecs, I am pretty confident they haven't got into this lightly.

I like things that look different.  It usually means a grass roots redesign from the generic templates. Again, the blackmagic guys know video so I'm guessing things that look nuts will make sense (think Dyson, Citroen XM) in use.

One area that concerns me is handling.. how are you rigging or supporting it?

You speccing a bigger external screen for it?

It's a good price, some reservations re: sensor, but I'll happily be proven wrong.

I'm also interested in what kind of price it takes to get a real world usuable kit.

One mans guinea pig is another mans pioneer.  I have the funds accruing for the safe option, the c100, but I'll be keeping a keen eye on your developments before I commit.  Please do keep us posted.

JasonATL:

--- Quote from: Axilrod on December 20, 2012, 12:45:58 PM ---Shop called and said the distributor already has them and mine will be here 2 days after Christmas!  Looking forward to playing with it.

--- End quote ---

Congrats! A merry Christmas, it sounds like.

After following it for a while, I decided late in the game to pre-order. So, I'll live vicariously through you and others for a while. Looking forward to your thoughts as you work with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version