October 23, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

Author Topic: SSL Certificate Error  (Read 12875 times)

Bearcat1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
SSL Certificate Error
« on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
Tried setting up 6D on the EOS Utility.  I get a SSL Certificate Error code...any ideas?
6D, 24-70mm f2.8L MK II, 70-200mm IS 2.8L II, 50mm f1.8

canon rumors FORUM

SSL Certificate Error
« on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: SSL Certificate Error
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:16:50 PM »
Its going to be some sort of computer settings, but without even a hint of computer type(Mac?) and OS, there is not much to start on.

Bearcat1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »
Mountain Lion....I'm downloading a firmware update for the 6d, we'll see if that works.... Brand new camera , really annoying..

Bearcat1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:24:04 PM »
Didn't work, still getting Error:

To use this function, the latest SSL certificate must be set up on the camera. Download the latest SSL certificate and set up on the camera."

Anybody??? Help !!!

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »
You mean going to this link http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_6d#DriversAndSoftware and downloading does not work? You can download and then apply...

Bearcat1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
Yes, I updated the firmware on the camera and updated the EOS Utility....

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
Yes, I updated the firmware on the camera and updated the EOS Utility....
So you are all set? Happy shooting. Btw, when I tried to download from that link onto the iPad, I got an error stating I could not download using Safari! Wow!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »

Bearcat1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »
No not all set, it didn't fix it unfortunately.  I can't even find anything regarding it on google.

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:21:29 PM »
No not all set, it didn't fix it unfortunately.  I can't even find anything regarding it on google.
OK, so as I understand it, you have done the following:
  • Downloaded the 6D firmware
  • Downloaded the latest Canon software
  • Installed the 6D firmware
  • Installed the latest Canon software

And you are unable to get the EOS utility to connect to the 6D - right?

Take a look at this link
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50455667

If my understanding is incorrect please describe in detail as I am trying to read between the lines of your narration.

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:42 AM »
I happen to be a network engineer. If anything below doesn't make any sense, just ignore it, it probably doesn't apply...

Are you connecting to a WPA/WPA2-EAP network?
Does the radius/IAS server have a self-signed or enterprise CA cert without a trusted root?
Or is the cert from a "real" CA?

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »
I happen to be a network engineer. If anything below doesn't make any sense, just ignore it, it probably doesn't apply...

Does the radius/IAS server have a self-signed or enterprise CA cert without a trusted root?
My 2c is that the message may be coming from the "catch-all" portion of the try-catch error trap. Why would the 6D communicate over SSL in a LAN as the default method of connecting?

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 02:10:55 AM »

My 2c is that the message may be coming from the "catch-all" portion of the try-catch error trap. Why would the 6D communicate over SSL in a LAN as the default method of connecting?

It wouldn't be the default in most situations, but with either EAP-TLS or PEAP with EAP-TLS, SSL is mandatory.  If he's trying to connect to a corporate wireless network that would be a likely configuration.  If he's connecting to home wireless it's highly unlikely; or in the event his home wireless is configured to use WPA Enterprise, chances are anyone that would have the knowledge to set it up probably would have realized the problem and subsequent solution before asking questions here.

That all being said... there was so little information given, it's unclear if this error is occurring during wireless authentication, or if that is succeeding and it's getting the error when the EOS utility is trying to connect to the camera (or vice versa).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:12:28 AM by bvukich »

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 02:19:46 AM »

It wouldn't be the default in most situations, but with either EAP-TLS or PEAP with EAP-TLS, SSL is mandatory.  If he's trying to connect to a corporate wireless network that would be a likely configuration.  If he's connecting to home wireless it's highly unlikely; or in the event his home wireless is configured to use WPA Enterprise, chances are anyone that would have the knowledge to set it up probably would have realized the problem and subsequent solution before asking questions here.

That all being said... there was so little information given, it's unclear if this error is occurring during wireless authentication, or if that is succeeding and it's getting the error when the EOS utility is trying to connect to the camera (or vice versa).
Yup. That is why I posted the link which states that one needs to turn off the wifi on the 6D if one is trying to download images with the USB...

Bearcat1 I guess you are asleep :) do chime in giving details...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 02:19:46 AM »

Bearcat1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »
Hey guys, thank you for helping me with this... you are clearly more qualified than i am to address it. 

It gives me the error code on the EOS Utility when i access the Web Service Settings Icon.  The Error Code states:

"To use this function, the latest SSL certificate must be set up on the camera. Download the latest SSL certificate and set up on the camera."

I've updated the firmware on the 6D and downloaded the latest updates for the EOS Utility....

That's where I am at so far...any suggestions?

Thank you again!

Bearcat1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »
Hey guys, thank you for helping me with this... you are clearly more qualified than i am to address it. 

It gives me the error code on the EOS Utility when i access the Web Service Settings Icon.  The Error Code states:

"To use this function, the latest SSL certificate must be set up on the camera. Download the latest SSL certificate and set up on the camera."

I've updated the firmware on the 6D and downloaded the latest updates for the EOS Utility....

That's where I am at so far...any suggestions?

And yes WIFI is turned off...Thank you for the post!

Thank you again!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »