Gear Talk > Technical Support

While in 2nd curtain mode, my 430 exii will flash at the start of the shutter...

(1/2) > >>

jdramirez:
and then again at the end of the shutter.  It is in the hotshoe of my 60D, and I'm setting the flash  to 2nd curtain, and the 60D says it is in 2nd curtain as well.  So I know there is something stupid I'm doing... the question is what?

rpt:

--- Quote from: jdramirez on December 23, 2012, 12:31:45 AM ---and then again at the end of the shutter.  It is in the hotshoe of my 60D, and I'm setting the flash  to 2nd curtain, and the 60D says it is in 2nd curtain as well.  So I know there is something stupid I'm doing... the question is what?

--- End quote ---
Google search for "second curtain sync fires twice" reveals that the first firing is for metering. Do you get two frozen images? I doubt it. If you do, can you post the images?

ahab1372:
All good, the first flash is for exposure metering and at little power, and does not illuminate the scene. It is fired actually before the shutter opens. You see the same when you do an exposure lock (regardless of first or second curtain).

neuroanatomist:
Set the flash to manual, voila, no preflash.

bycostello:

--- Quote from: ahab1372 on December 23, 2012, 12:44:39 AM ---All good, the first flash is for exposure metering and at little power, and does not illuminate the scene. It is fired actually before the shutter opens. You see the same when you do an exposure lock (regardless of first or second curtain).

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version