December 07, 2016, 04:02:58 AM

Author Topic: Best HDR Software?  (Read 49575 times)

bluenoser1993

• Rebel T6i
Re: Best HDR Software?
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 12:13:48 PM »
So would it be a choice between LR 5 and the NIK suite, or are both required?  I use Aperture and I'm looking for HDR capability, as well as pano.  In addition to the HDR, is the sharpening and noise reduction that much different as compared to Aperture?  I like the object removal tool of LR, but want a capable HDR program that will do the work I need on the files from PtGui.  Trying to figure out what software I need/want I find I'm going in circles. :-[
7D II, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8, TS-E 17L f/4, EF 35 f/2 IS, EF-S 60 f/2.8 Macro, EF 135L f/2, EF 100-400L II, 1.4xTC III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 12:13:48 PM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 07:40:11 PM »
So would it be a choice between LR 5 and the NIK suite, or are both required?  I use Aperture and I'm looking for HDR capability, as well as pano.  In addition to the HDR, is the sharpening and noise reduction that much different as compared to Aperture?  I like the object removal tool of LR, but want a capable HDR program that will do the work I need on the files from PtGui.  Trying to figure out what software I need/want I find I'm going in circles. :-[
I haven't used Nik, but Lightroom can definitely fully process a 32bit file and there would be no need for anything else.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 07:40:11 PM »