December 18, 2014, 11:35:35 AM

Author Topic: 1Dx for $6489  (Read 1247 times)

tiger82

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
1Dx for $6489
« on: December 24, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
PMI Digital on eBay
1D4 with 70-200 IS f/2.8L, 5D2 with 24-70 f/2.8L

canon rumors FORUM

1Dx for $6489
« on: December 24, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: 1Dx for $6489
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 11:50:36 AM »
I'm really not happy to be a Canon user right now.  I paid full price of $6800 back in July, and now, only 5 months later, the price has dropped over $300!  That's a drop of 4.6%!!  How can they do this to me, a loyal Canon customer?!?  Doesn't Canon understand that the Nikon D4 is over $1000 cheaper than the 1D X?  I'm seriously considering switching if Canon doesn't stop screwing me over.

LOL.

A good deal on a great camera...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »
They have had it for that price for a few months now, they are not a authorized reseller, so is it worth it to save $300?

JPAZ

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »
So, say you knew someone who acquired this camera from an "unknown source" and they could offer it to you really cheap.........

I am not equating a legitimate business that sells for less than MAP but one could carry the argument to absurdity. Would people be p.o.'d because a stolen camera was cheaper than what they paid?

I think it is great that folks active on this forum post good deals.  That's how I picked up my 5diii during the EBay Adorama sale a few months ago. I understand disappointment if one paid more than a posted sale price now, but don't get the pages and pages of diatribe by people well after their camera is purchased.  :-\

Enjoy the Holiday season, everyone.  I, for one, want to thank each of you who have provided me with useful information and advice on these forums

JP
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
So, say you knew someone who acquired this camera from an "unknown source" and they could offer it to you really cheap.........

I am not equating a legitimate business that sells for less than MAP but one could carry the argument to absurdity. Would people be p.o.'d because a stolen camera was cheaper than what they paid?

I think it is great that folks active on this forum post good deals.  That's how I picked up my 5diii during the EBay Adorama sale a few months ago. I understand disappointment if one paid more than a posted sale price now, but don't get the pages and pages of diatribe by people well after their camera is purchased.  :-\

Enjoy the Holiday season, everyone.  I, for one, want to thank each of you who have provided me with useful information and advice on these forums

JP
Its merely a point that the poster left out, a camera sold by a unauthorized dealer may not have a warranty, Canon will tell you this if you ask them.  However, in real practice, they will likely service it if you register the purchase.  In the past, they have been good about this, but their MAP program is a sign that they may be getting tough like Nikon and Sony.
Some unsuspecting person may buy one, and be very disappointed if it has a bad sensor and a $3,000 repair bill only 3 months after he got it. 
Its certainly a risk, and a buyer needs to know of it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »