Rumors > PowerShot Cameras

Which Powershot or IXUS

(1/4) > >>

paul13walnut5:
I want a pocket camera but with some control.  My heart was set on an EOS M, but I've a C100 to buy, so keeping cash for that instead.

Still got space in my life for a carry about camera, and space in my pocket and wallet.

Don't want an S or a G, as I would rather just go that bit further and get the M, however the IXUS 310hs and Powershot sx220 hs are coming up as good value, decent specc'd capable enough pocket cameras with a bit of control.

Also strike me as exceptional value for money, which might even get better in the sales in a couple of days.

Anybody used either model (note the IXUS 310hs is the eu name) or the 230 (220 with GPS - don't need)

This is really just a camera to have with me, in the pocket, in the glove box, but with enough of a manual input to keep me happy.  Not breaking the bank, not expecting miracles.

Happy Christmas if thats your thing, Happy New Year if thats your calender, and all the best anyway if not.

neuroanatomist:
What about an S100 - good prices now that the S110 is out, and frankly, I don't see a significant advantage to the S110 over the S100.  Truly pocketable, IMO the only step up from there is the Sony RX-100.

Hobby Shooter:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on December 24, 2012, 08:34:29 PM ---What about an S100 - good prices now that the S110 is out, and frankly, I don't see a significant advantage to the S110 over the S100.  Truly pocketable, IMO the only step up from there is the Sony RX-100.

--- End quote ---
I agree. Got one too and it takes nice pictures.And you have manual control. It sells at less than 300 usd where I live. Don't know enough on the other models. My youngest daughter has a cheaper A3200 I think it's called and the colours are just not good.

paul13walnut5:
Costing 2.5x-3x as much for the s100 vs sx220 at current uk prices.

I would rather spend a bit extra on an eos m than on an s or g.

M is getting slashed in sales though....  Hmm hmmm hmmm

Looking at sx240 also...

Nick Gombinsky:
Look at Canon's refurbished cameras, right now they're on sale:

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductListingViewAll_10051_10051_-1_123258_lowPrice_list

I just bought an Elph 300 HS, its a very good looking and portable camera, from now on my everyday carry-on. But on the technical side, its AWB sucks and setting it up manually is not easy nor fast. And I can't adjust the flash power which I'd like in order to use it as a fill flash...

Oh well... compromises should be made if you don't want to carry you DSLR everywhere...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version