I have been debating with myself of whether to upgrade my 7D to a 6D or 5D III or wait for the 7D II. I use my 7D for bird photography where high pixel density gives a longer reach for a given lens. The 5D III beats the 6D on two important counts: 10% more pixels is like a 1.05xTC; and the autofocus on the III has several advantages, from more cross points for capturing birds in flight, more reproducible, and having some f/4 sensitivity. I am tempted to buy the III and teach my wife to use the 7D - it's too good a camera to sell cheap. If the 7D II were definitely coming out soon, I'd wait for its specs before deciding.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:32:37 PM by AlanF »
5D IV, 5DS R, 7D II, EOS-M, Powershot G3 X, 400mm DO II, 300/2.8 II, 1.4xTC III, 2xTC III, EF 1.8 STM, EF 70-200/4 IS, EF 24-105, 15-85, 100-400 II, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 150-600mm C, EOS-M 18-55, f/2 22, 11-22