December 22, 2014, 05:52:13 PM

Author Topic: Compactflash Card: SanDisk vs. Lexar...  (Read 5405 times)

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Compactflash Card: SanDisk vs. Lexar...
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »
Sandisk vs Lexar? No problem with either one provide you avoid the very cheap, slow models.
Do the math/equation for the Gb and speed per $ sweet-spot.  B&H recently had a great deal on a two-pack of 32Gb Lexar 1000x UMDA7 cards so I stocked up. These fast 1000x cards make a very real, tangible difference in my 5D3 & Mk4 with a deeper usable buffer and way faster clearing time compared to the previous Sandisk Extreme cards I was running with.

Like others, I have never had a CF card fail, corrupt or behave badly. In 12 years of CF card use I've has Sandisk, Trancend, Ridata and Lexar. A few of them have gone through the clothes washing machine when accidentally  left in my jeans pockets and they just came out cleaner. No problems. 

As a possibly over-the-top form of insurance, I don't use CF cards for more than a couple of years before updating to fresh cards.

-PW

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »

RMC33

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »
I have had excellent luck with every card I own. Including trancend~.

I bought 4 16gb 90mb/sec cards for the holidays off amazon for I think around $75 each. I tend to shy away from bigger cards (32 is my personal max size limit) because I like the security of having all my photos across 4 cards rather then all on one. I lucked out and got 4 sandisk 8gb SD cards for my 5d III as backup for $10 each over the holidays too.

+10  Ditto!  Spread out the worry in case a card gets lost or corrupted.

Glad I am not the only one. The pro's my friend hired for his wedding shot the whole thing on two 128gb cards and lost one (I THINK it was a kingston, cooked off and had no recoverable images) halfway through the night. They were very happy I mirrored 95% of the shots on that card.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »