October 20, 2014, 11:59:43 PM

Author Topic: Repairing Scratches - 5D MKIII  (Read 9519 times)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
Re: Repairing Scratches - 5D MKIII
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 10:32:58 AM »
my mom used to say.. "old pan makes good food!"
Well, as Moms usually are, I am sure she was talking about heat transfer from the pan base. Moms are reluctant to take credit and as a result transfer the credit elsewhere.

My theory is that Moms make good food in any pan, or wok or pot or... whatever...
:)

BTW, the same goes for photographs. I am not saying that the pan - oops, camera or lens does not count. The person behind counts more. Naturally, the ingredients count even more... :)

My Mom told me that if my camera is scratched that I should give it a heavy coat of industrial black paint and then put it in a pre-heated oven, set at 500 degrees for 29 mins.
Yup! Moms are always right. But don't be greedy and try to eat it the moment it comes out of the oven! Wait for it to cool ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 10:32:58 AM »

crasher8

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »
Well, as Moms usually are, I am sure she was talking about heat transfer from the pan base. Moms are reluctant to take credit and as a result transfer the credit elsewhere.

My theory is that Moms make good food in any pan, or wok or pot or... whatever...

BTW, the same goes for photographs. I am not saying that the pan - oops, camera or lens does not count. The person behind counts more. Naturally, the ingredients count even more... :)

My Mom told me that if my camera is scratched that I should give it a heavy coat of industrial black paint and then put it in a pre-heated oven, set at 500 degrees for 29 mins.
Yup! Moms are always right. But don't be greedy and try to eat it the moment it comes out of the oven! Wait for it to cool ;)

How about a Delkin skin that you bake in the low heat oven ala molding soles for shoes! lol emphasis on the LOL

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »
"Hell, this '59 Fender Stratocaster must sound terrible. Should be repaired immediately.
-PW"

Hey PW,
Is that a real '59 or a Custom Shop relic? (For non-guitar geeks; real or factory fake?)
Guy.

Damn you're right! Should have picked that up myself. Had no idea there was a fake worn guitar market out there. I just did a search for images of heavily worn Strats for a playful post in this scratchy thread. There must be plenty of shots of beautifully worn genuine '59 Stratocasters or Telecasters around.

-PW

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »

How about a Delkin skin that you bake in the low heat oven ala molding soles for shoes! lol emphasis on the LOL
All this apart, I think battle scars need to be displayed and not filled in...

emag

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »

It could always be worse... http://iphotonews.blogspot.com/2010/03/world-famous.html

Holy cow!!!  The fabled full-frame mirrorless and 500mm TS-E lens!  I KNEW it wasn't a myth!!!

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 10:15:59 PM »
It's not perfect, but when I wear one of my cameras down to the white/translucent plastic, I go over it with a black sharpie.  Like touch up paint on a car, it's not perfect, but it's 90% better.

I don't think I've ever done it unless I was getting the camera ready for an eBay sale.

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »
You use it for 3 years as is, then you sell it and get 5DMkIV. Problem solved  8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »

It could always be worse... http://iphotonews.blogspot.com/2010/03/world-famous.html

Holy cow!!!  The fabled full-frame mirrorless and 500mm TS-E lens!  I KNEW it wasn't a myth!!!
LOL! That is funny!

Ryan708

• EOS M2
  • Less bickering, more shooting
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »

LOL! That is funny!

I heard that model had a light-leak issue
60D, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4, Tamron 70-300 4-5.6 VC, EF 50mm 1.8II, and a Sigma EF-610 DG superflash

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »

LOL! That is funny!

I heard that model had a light-leak issue
I heard that too. But nothing that some black tape would not cure  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »