Canon Rumors General > Site Information

Warning: you have sent something someone could consider offensive.

(1/3) > >>

dilbert:
Yeah, ok, great, but given that there is no link provided to the actual text or post that was deemed offensive, it's impossible to know what someone thought was actually offensive.

In other words, I've read it but I can't actually do anything because I don't know to what the problem is referring to, so I'll just delete it and effectively ignore it.

In addition, I'm apologizing in to the moderators for not being able to read their mind and know what they were thinking at the time. I'm also apologizing in advance for repeating whatever they think I said wrong because it seems more than likely that I'll do it again since I don't know what I did wrong in the first place.

Thanks guys!

p.s. The message generated includes a "Do not reply to this" but the email that I get includes as "to reply to this, click here." Someone actually tests this stuff before it goes into production, right?

neuroanatomist:
I'm guessing it was this one, unless you typed those asterisks yourself...

motorhead:
I received a 5 day ban several months ago for typing a few asterisks in a thread on another forum. I was attempting a light hearted reply to a very heavy handed moderators condemnation of something I'd previously posted, but obviously it was misconstrued.

Still, its their loss, because I refuse to accept a seemingly random ban, even a short one, for no reason and will never return. Moderators can be and are generally excellent, but on this other site in particular they seem to be the problem not the solution.

ANY forum response needs to be fully explained, an effective opportunity to respond offered and an unbiassed third party used to adjudicate the two sides. If this is too much effort, then find another line of work.

I'd like to make it abundantly clear I find this site very friendly and open. I've also got no intention of naming the other forum.   

CR Backup Admin:
Its a standard canned response.  I sent it.  This is a family friendly forum, and F*** words are unacceptable.

We want everone to find the site useful and enjoyable.

I'll see if I can't do a better job of letting people know what the issue is, but the SMF software does not have a easy way to point at the exact post.

dilbert:

--- Quote from: scalesusa on July 04, 2011, 02:32:37 PM ---Its a standard canned response.  I sent it.  This is a family friendly forum, and F*** words are unacceptable.

We want everone to find the site useful and enjoyable.

I'll see if I can't do a better job of letting people know what the issue is, but the SMF software does not have a easy way to point at the exact post.

--- End quote ---

Ah, it was something I said to myself, not in response to someone else!

Including a pointer to the exact post would be a great start.

I can't help but wonder though, if anyone is old enough and knowledgeable enough to use this website, what are the chances that they aren't already aware of the expanded English vocabulary? Or is this more to do with web site filters and programmatic rating based on observed content?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version