August 20, 2017, 03:44:52 PM

Author Topic: Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).  (Read 334615 times)

Pookie

• EOS 5DS R
  • Poor photographer? become a printer !!!
Re: Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).
« Reply #735 on: June 22, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »
Hi Pookie.
Very nice shots, that looks like fun, and a very profound statement, so true.

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks Graham...

David
I'm limping by with my current equipment... once I get that new lens with IS and that blue goo... then I'll finally be able to go out and take my first decent picture...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #735 on: June 22, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »

Pookie

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #736 on: August 14, 2017, 02:12:37 AM »
Negatives from a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II shoot, "scanned" with a Canon 5D Mark IV w/ 100mm f/2.8 L Macro.

This has to be one of the worst ways to scan a negative... exceptionally time consuming compared to a scanner that can IR scan and remove dust from the image. Sure you can take a picture in the blink of an eye but then spend anywhere from 5-20 minutes "cleaning" the image. Or you could use a quality scanner that takes about 3-5 minutes depending on negative size and automatically removes these negative defects.

All of this is dependent on the quality of your scan... if you don't care about the end result then photo-scanning is fast... if you do care though and are looking for clean files, buy a good scanner and have a cup of tea while it works. When done you'll have a clean image and your good to go.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:23:18 PM by Pookie »
I'm limping by with my current equipment... once I get that new lens with IS and that blue goo... then I'll finally be able to go out and take my first decent picture...

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #737 on: August 14, 2017, 04:07:11 AM »
Negatives from a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II shoot, "scanned" with a Canon 5D Mark IV w/ 100mm f/2.8 L Macro

Those are pretty awesome Pookie 8) I was just listening through "I saw your mommy" and some other ST-goodies the other day :D
1dx mkII, 35 L II, 135 L, 200 f2.0 L, Broncolor Siros 800 L.

Pookie

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #738 on: August 14, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »
Negatives from a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II shoot, "scanned" with a Canon 5D Mark IV w/ 100mm f/2.8 L Macro

Those are pretty awesome Pookie 8) I was just listening through "I saw your mommy" and some other ST-goodies the other day :D

Thanks Viggo...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #738 on: August 14, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »