April 18, 2014, 08:05:36 AM

Author Topic: Canon DSLR Body Rumors for 2013  (Read 27925 times)

LetTheRightLensIn

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Canon DSLR Body Rumors for 2013
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »
3 fps for the 70D? That's pretty poor performance...disappointing...

It doesn't say 3fps, the characters after 3 and 10 are different, the second line brags about the main features of each camera and for the 70D it is the flip screen and for the 7D2 it is the fps.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »

LetTheRightLensIn

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2013, 06:04:35 PM »
then 50% for the EOS-1DSx specs.

That explains the 1DXs name then. Other rumors have suggested much smaller than 1Dx size but larger than 5D size with a slightly expanded bottom to fit a larger battery to help drive more chips.

LetTheRightLensIn

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2013, 06:12:20 PM »

What effects noise at higher ISO  Is it purely processor related or does the pixel size of an APS-C body contribute as well?

processor has nothing to do with that (unless you just care about jpg output straight from the camera but that has nothing to do with what RAW files and actual performance the camera can deliver)

it depends upon sensor size and technology, larger sensors have more surface area over which to collect light (although you may need to stop down the aperture to maintain DOF and give it back though, depending) and more efficient sensors collect more of what light hits and better sensors mix in less noise of various types to the light signal collected and more color-blind filter arrays let in more light and thus mean higher luminance SNR but at the cost of lower chroma SNR and less ability to distinguish certain subtle shades from one another

now that they have gapless microlenses and such you don't lose much by going to smaller photosites, any individual photosite is noisier if it is smaller but all together it's reasonably close to the same, withing reason.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:17:34 PM by LetTheRightLensIn »

LetTheRightLensIn

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2013, 06:15:54 PM »
The big megapickle camera will not be branded as the 1DSx, for the exact same reason that, lo these many years ago, the compact Mac with a 68030 CPU was branded an SE/30 instead of, in keeping with the IIx and the IIcx, the SEx.

How about 1D Xs?

The "1D excess" might imply that the price has gone overboard or it's all too much to be worth it so not that title either and they said it would never be named anything along those lines anyway.

RGomezPhotos

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »
You can't show me the new 'big megapixel' camera fast enough!  I hope it's:  1DX + 39MP+ + 16-bit A/D + 6-8fps + WiFi + GPS + Crop Mode.  This would be a camera I would be happy to use for the next 5 years...  Like all the full-time pros I know still using their 10MP cameras....  I don't want to upgrade for a while after my 5D MKII...

You can do it Canon!
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2013, 06:34:13 PM »
The big megapickle camera will not be branded as the 1DSx, for the exact same reason that, lo these many years ago, the compact Mac with a 68030 CPU was branded an SE/30 instead of, in keeping with the IIx and the IIcx, the SEx.

How about 1D Xs?

The "1D excess" might imply that the price has gone overboard or it's all too much to be worth it so not that title either and they said it would never be named anything along those lines anyway.

Who's 'they' and when/where did they say that?  Keep in mind, there was a Rebel XS, and Canon has no problem reusing a moniker, e.g., the S100.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

AG

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »

I can hear Kai from DigiRev giving his review now.

But knowing him it will be nicknamed the 1DSeX. :)

Either way we will hopefully know soon enough.
Yes, i shoot video on a DSLR.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »

BrandonKing96

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »
3 fps for the 70D? That's pretty poor performance...disappointing...

It doesn't say 3fps, the characters after 3 and 10 are different, the second line brags about the main features of each camera and for the 70D it is the flip screen and for the 7D2 it is the fps.
+1
Just for anyone who is confused and wants to know why the last 4 characters in the line talking about the 3.0 inch screen spells out "monitaa" which is "monitor" for us english speakers.
Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 60D; EF-S 10-22; EF 70-200 f/4L IS; EF 24-70 f/2.8L II; 580EX II.  Soon to add: 50 1.2L, 135 f/2L, 8-15L

dilbert

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »

How about 1D Xs?

If only because Canon didn't learn from the naming confusion between 1Ds and 1D then yes.

Pity that when it comes to camera names Canon are incredibly so unimaginative.

Confusing only for the people who couldn't afford to buy it. I don't know anyone who mistakenly bought one for the other.

Actually, the only people I've seen complain about the name are those that have bought both the 1Ds series cameras.

So what do you suggest Canon name the new body?

BFC-HMP

(Big F______ Camera - High MegaPixel)

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
  • everything is possible, just do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
You can't show me the new 'big megapixel' camera fast enough!  I hope it's:  1DX + 39MP+ + 16-bit A/D + 6-8fps + WiFi + GPS + Crop Mode.  This would be a camera I would be happy to use for the next 5 years...  Like all the full-time pros I know still using their 10MP cameras....  I don't want to upgrade for a while after my 5D MKII...You can do it Canon!

And let's not forget a headphone jack!

I am very curious about the 1DXs/1DSX, though I am guessing it would cost in the US$8,XXX range, but even more curious about the 7D Mark II. 10FPS with new sensor technology (maybe even two of them) and a solid body with good weather sealing, dual card shots (SD or CF - mmm hot one) etc etc at what I am guessing would cost around the US$ 2,800 mark (like a 5D Mark III but for sports etc) would be very tempting indeed.

Canon will have to be very careful not to let the 7D Mark II bite into the 1DX's sales too much. Cos at the moment if you looking to upgrade and cover sports/action etc then you are more likely to be eyeing the 1DX or the 1D Mark IV. If they make the 7D Mark II too good people won't spend the extra, but if they don't make it good enough less people will buy it and those that do want to upgrade sharpish will be left with the 1DX or 1D Mark IV or the more expensive 1DSX/1DXS.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2013, 07:10:30 PM »
Actually, the only people I've seen complain about the name are those that have bought both the 1Ds series cameras.

Yeah, Canon really needs to sort this out. Does the 's' stand for studio, small image circle, short back focus? Maybe it stands for 'stupid enough to buy this expensive camera without knowing what its freakin' name means''...   :P
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

gutenmuach

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »
this talk about the 3fps is useless.. if you guys here dont know how to read / speak japanese then dont assume anything... ;)

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »
this talk about the 3fps is useless.. if you guys here dont know how to read / speak japanese then dont assume anything... ;)

it could be from a mistake made when it was translated from the original klingon...:)
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »

artsmalley

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
Does anyone read Japanese well enough to know what it is saying about the X6i?

Not very much detail on the X6i. The text gets blurry at least to my declining eye sight. The entire article is basically predictions, with %'s for probability, and some hopes and expectations. In the first paragraph of text it is basically titled "Time for renewal of the APS-C Sensors - A move toward the high end". He basically just goes on to say for X6i it is time to update the sensor. Or at least believes that Canon is pondering that move.

In the bottom right hand corner block there is also some fellow named Ito who realistically believes there could be a full frame compact camera as a replacement / upgrade to the G1X. Again I would take it all with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:57:50 PM by artsmalley »

crasher8

What no one else seems to have noticed
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2013, 08:01:44 PM »
The 1DXs will take EF-S lenses!

canon rumors FORUM

What no one else seems to have noticed
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2013, 08:01:44 PM »