Gear Talk > Lenses

Ipad app by Canon

(1/2) > >>

Don Haines:
For those of you who have an Ipad.... Canon Singapore has put out a very interesting (and free) app called CanonSGLens, you can searh for it on the apple store...

It gives lens specs, drawings, MTF charts, allows comparisons, has a FOV simulator, depth of field simulator and calculator, etc etc....

neuroanatomist:
I like it, and there's also a 3rd party iPhone app (also free) called Canon Lenses that lists the lenses with links to many of the reviews of each lens.  Quite useful.

RS2021:
Yup had it since Version 1.  It also exists as an app for iPhone and ipod touch. Its a useful app.

The official connection with Canon is rather tenuous and is via subsidiary at Singapore and Vincent Bockaert in a convoluted way.

But I love it.

A minor gripe, the lens specification lacks the year the lens was introduced...something available at sites like the-digital-picture.com and NL.  So in comparison mode, in this app you can not tell which lens is rather old and long in the tooth...  I emailed already but more of you contacting to request this might move them.

Email to "canonsglens@123di.com"

Don Haines:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on January 02, 2013, 12:03:17 PM ---I like it, and there's also a 3rd party iPhone app (also free) called Canon Lenses that lists the lenses with links to many of the reviews of each lens.  Quite useful.

--- End quote ---

If you search the apple store for "Taggart Gorman" he has ones listing Canon, Nikon, and Tokina lenses..

Quasimodo:

--- Quote from: Don Haines on January 02, 2013, 11:56:16 AM ---For those of you who have an Ipad.... Canon Singapore has put out a very interesting (and free) app called CanonSGLens, you can searh for it on the apple store...

It gives lens specs, drawings, MTF charts, allows comparisons, has a FOV simulator, depth of field simulator and calculator, etc etc....

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I have now installed it. :)

Neuro, I could not find the one you mentioned by that name. There was a Canon Lenses+ for approx two dollars, by a Gorman. Is that the one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version