Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

5D3 - focus rectangle

<< < (2/3) > >>

Waterdonkey:
Same boat.  Strange thing is that for a while mine would disappear intermittently too but now it stays. I think its some combo of info settings before you press rec-but I can't figure out what. 

Here's to hoping Canon includes this in the April firmware update.

TommyLee:
I seldom use these features..
but if I set...... FaceRec...... in live view...
the rectangle appears with a 1/2 press then goes away  with removal of 1/2 press...

I got there from Aperture mode...if that matters...

just played with it....

hope this helps...I want to understand all these features

Axilrod:
Turn off the AF on your lens, that's the only thing that I noticed had an effect on it.  I used my Zeiss lens to test earlier and it didn't show up, then I threw on the 14L and the box, hit record and it was on the screen and wouldn't go away.  Turned the AF off and it went away as soon as I hit record.

risc32:
what tommylee said. go into the "shooting" area of the menu(red borders) 4th page , second thing down, AF mode. change it to the smiley face.

this must be what i activated one day while fooling around with video stuff. I swear this thing was recognizing faces and setting either exp or focus. what i don't understand is how it was doing that. i thought only the 1dx could do that stuff. i swear i wasn't imagining it.....

Axilrod:

--- Quote from: risc32 on January 03, 2013, 08:20:38 PM ---what tommylee said. go into the "shooting" area of the menu(red borders) 4th page , second thing down, AF mode. change it to the smiley face.

this must be what i activated one day while fooling around with video stuff. I swear this thing was recognizing faces and setting either exp or focus. what i don't understand is how it was doing that. i thought only the 1dx could do that stuff. i swear i wasn't imagining it.....

--- End quote ---

I dont think he's talking about face detection though, just the rectangle that you can move around to designate what portion of the screen is magnified. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version