Gear Talk > Lenses

EOS 6D kit worth it with Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS?

(1/1)

Koll:
Hi everyone!

I'm not a pro at all, but I like to have descent gear to capture great moments of my kids, vacations and playing around at times also. I currently own the 60D which was an upgrade for me from the 500D. Now I'm considdering the 6D but I don't know if the new kit lens Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM is worth it? It's about half the price for the lens if I buy the kit it seems (here in Denmark), but still, it's a lot of money coming from the lower end 60D, hence the question! :)

I would have these lenses acquiring the 6D:
 - EF 50mm f/1.4
 - EF 24mm f/2.8 IS

And I would say goodbye to these because of fullframe:
 - EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS (my first lens)
 - EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro

I don't miss a zoom that often, so I mainly use the 50mm. I use the 24mm for video and if I have to capture more like inside. So is this EF 24-70mm f/4L IS worth it? I would presume that at 24mm my prime lens is better due to being f/2.8 but also image quality?

Any help is appreciated if you want to help a semi-beginner! ;)

brad-man:
The lens isn't out yet. You'll have to wait to find out what it is worth...

RLPhoto:
I don't find the 6D or the 24-70 f/4L to be very good value for $$$.

I'd recommend a 5D2 + 24-105L to be a superb value for $$$.

Koll:
The lens is in stock where I can buy the kamera, but it doesn't seem like there are much info about it on the web. There's a preview at dpreview.com.

What about the EOS 6D with the 24-105mm IS combo? I was just thinking that the 24-70mm is new and both are f/4.

I do like the wifi and GPS feature of the 6D, also the smartphone thing, though it's mostly for the fun of it. The 5D2 is discontinued but surely a great camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version