Canon Rumors General > Site Information

How does one change camera appearing under the poster's name?

(1/9) > >>

Rick:
My profile became available to be edited and I've got everything situated except this particular data field. Canonflex showed up first and after editing was enabled by the admin, Powershot something or nuther appears there now. I can't find this discussed anywhere and I don't know the name of the data field to do a proper search. Maybe this is something the Admin takes care of, I dunno know.

neuroanatomist:
You cannot edit that field, but it changes (automatically) with your post count - more posts means a 'better' camera. It's just a coincidence that my post count equates to a 1D X and I actually have a 1D X.   :P

Zv:
You have to earn it!  ;)

RustyTheGeek:
Regardless of what it says, Welcome to the Forum!   :D

Yeah, it's a "badge of honor" thing.  The more you participate, the better your camera "badge".  I think it increments after each "milestone" of 10, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 and then who knows?  All I know is that I'm at 5DIII after 250.  I'm guessing that once you get to 500 or 1000(??) it stops at the 1DX but I may be wrong.  I'm sure someone else has it all totally nailed.  You may also notice that there are yellow blocks there too.  The blocks seem to show up with the badge changes.  All I can tell you for sure is that you won't receive any checks in the mail based on your "seniority"!  (At least I haven't yet, maybe others know the right handshake or something.)   8)

Enjoy your time here!!

EYEONE:
The steps get farther apart the higher you go. I've had the 1D Mark IV for a long time now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version