October 25, 2014, 03:15:04 PM

Author Topic: Shanny 600ex-compatible flashes/transmitter ... starting at €70.  (Read 280 times)

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
It has been mentioned in another thread about the $180 Yn clone, but imho this deserves a thread on its own: http://flashhavoc.com/shanny-flash-and-trigger-models/

Their first model "SN600SC" doesn't have rt built in, but you need an additional "SN-E3-MD" clip-on rt receiver - for slave flashes, I don't think this is too much of a problem. Like Yn, their sales site mentions they've got a "SN600EX-RT" in the queue which will be an integrated part.

Let's hope these things actually work, either there's some big catch here or otherwise these prices are outright crazy vs. Canon. However, as one victim of the unreliable Yn ST-E3-RT transmitter, I'll be very cautious esp. because the firmware seems to be still work in progress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1397592

canon rumors FORUM

AvTvM

• 1D X
    • View Profile
The very item I was waiting for so long:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Shanny-SN-E3-MD-Flash-signal-receiver-RT-module/1397592_2052429624.html

55 USD for an RT transceiver. Could even get cheaper, accrding to flashhavoc.com it was first listed at USD 21 only.

Just don't know, whether I can connect it to Canon 580EX II's. That's what I would want them for to create a seamlessly RT-controled envirenment of ST-E3-RT, 600EX-RT and non-RT Canon speedlites (580EX II, 430EX II).

Lawliet

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile

Just don't know, whether I can connect it to Canon 580EX II's. That's what I would want them for to create a seamlessly RT-controled envirenment of ST-E3-RT, 600EX-RT and non-RT Canon speedlites (580EX II, 430EX II).

No, not without an intelligent translator inbetween. Not enough pins on the transceiver to make a direct connection. It just adds RT to some of their flashes; but iirc the RT version is cheaper then the individual parts path.
Looks like a missed chance to me.

AvTvM

• 1D X
    • View Profile
yep. So we have to wait, if there will ever be Canon RT-transceivers in the form factor of a regular flash-shoe radio trigger (only smaller). 

There are a gazillion used 580EX/IIs and 430EX/IIs out there. Good, solid and reliable flashes, lacking only one feature: integration into the Canon RT radio remote control world. 

Lawliet

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
There are a gazillion used 580EX/IIs and 430EX/IIs out there. Good, solid and reliable flashes, lacking only one feature: integration into the Canon RT radio remote control world.
The upcoming OdinII supports 5 groups as well, plus the ability to sync only trigger anything non-TTL. Lets see how that turns out. If it works the label is not that important after all.

canon rumors FORUM