My opinion is, that the 60D just exactly fits the needs of any small-press-photographer/photojournalist in newspapers oder maybe blogs.
- To fill half a newspaper-site with one photo, it has to measure about 2000x1500 pixel. common newspaper printing is done in 130 to 180 dpi. But having 18MP to work with gives you a lot more freedom in taking the shots. Shoot at 6400ISO, getting heavy denoise filter on it in postprocessing, resharpen, scale down to what your current need is, resharpen again. Result: Picture will be fine for release.
- Articulating display is great to have. There are so many times where you just can't step on your ladder (if you carry one around with you) to take a picture. Another example is to do unusual perspectives where architecture is the barrier to overcome - either you take a special lens for that (maybe t/s) or you just cannot do it without articulating/flip-screen. For those reasons I allways take my old finepix9600 in bag for situations that simply can't be handled that good with a 50d.
- Eye-Fi is pretty cool stuff. When the production needs the pics as fast as possible, my workflow is: taking the pictures, pluggin in the cable to connect to a netbook, send em via umts. Eye-Fi enables you practically realtime-stream the pics to your note-/netbook, which may save some time. Other thing is, espacially in studio-situations, you get rid of the annoying cable when using your computer to display the results instead of the tiny camera-display, what really makes sense to me. Only thing, thats a little pity here, is that they could have made the wireless option a direct part of the cam instead of just making it ready for wireless-usage.
- the wireless flash trigger is more a "nice to have". beeing able to do unchained lighting with "on board"-tools is pretty fine i think. but would even be better being able to controll more than one speedlite.
- last but not least, I really appreciate the wheight-and sizereduction compared with 50d/70d which makes it for me easier to handle (i've got no super-sized hands) an less to carry. i don't really miss the mg-body either. it's just look and feel to me - i really can go without.