October 25, 2014, 11:39:08 PM

Author Topic: Canon 6D reviewed by PhotographyBlog  (Read 2726 times)

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 6D reviewed by PhotographyBlog
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
Re: Canon 6D reviewed by PhotographyBlog
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:10:17 PM »
Another one

Yada yada yada - I think all the bloggers just read other reviews and write a new one, what I'm waiting for is dpreview.com that strangely takes a lot of time, but imho is one of the best for reviews that really tell you where the hidden catches are.

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »
Another one

Yada yada yada - I think all the bloggers just read other reviews and write a new one, what I'm waiting for is dpreview.com that strangely takes a lot of time, but imho is one of the best for reviews that really tell you where the hidden catches are.

We can either (1) wait on the dpreview, then, or (2) do as everyone and start our own review webpage!
(May I suggest ctrl_c_ctrl_v_reviews.com?)
:)

xps

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »
Another one

+1
Even if some criticize their reviews, in my opinion their reviews are containing a lot of information, pictures and you can compare them.

Maybe it will take some time, until the review will be published. The Eos M (3-4 weeks released before the 6D) and the Nikon D4 (March/April) are still not reviewed by them.

xps

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »
Another one:

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_eos_6d_review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+photographyblog+PhotographyBLOG

Daniel

The problem is, that @ this review, I canĀ“t see the differences. Each Cam gets an "5" at the IQ. But my 7D had no "5" at IQ. Maybe an "3". But not an "5".

xps

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:05:05 AM »
Does anybody know an review, where the AF performance is tested? shooting birds or other moving objects? And not only using the center AF-point?

Thanks.

Canon-F1

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »

yep.. same as with the "adobe gives CS2 away for free".

the internet is full of missinformation.. and most blogger have no time or can't be bothered to do a proper test or check for facts.

so they just copy and past.... the "better" ones warp it in their own words.

but in the end 95% just scratch the surface.

from the 84 photographic websites i have in my favourites i trust only a few to do proper tests.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »

sdsr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
Another one

We can either (1) wait on the dpreview, then, or (2) do as everyone and start our own review webpage!
(May I suggest ctrl_c_ctrl_v_reviews.com?)
:)

Better yet, rent one and judge for yourself how it does the things you want a camera to do.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »
Better yet, rent one and judge for yourself how it does the things you want a camera to do.

Shooting for a few days is no substitute for a professional review that might discover problems you'd only discover after a year because you didn't use that function when renting the camera (like I missed the missing afma on the 60d). The only thing that needs a personal review are the ergonomics (weight, size, buttons, ...).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »