July 30, 2014, 11:25:21 AM

Author Topic: Canon 7D Mark II - Far Eastern Speculation  (Read 3620 times)

Eric_2012

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Canon 7D Mark II - Far Eastern Speculation
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:55 PM »
Ever experienced horse racing in Hong Kong?..... those in the Far East love a gamble and it even extends to the release of cameras - in this case the replacement 7D Mark II.  I read a new post on which-canon-camera.com which says that Impress Magazine predict the release to be at 85% probability.  Impress being based in Tokyo perhaps have a higher chance than most of getting it right.  Lets hope the upgrade extends beyond fps and megapixels as that is all becoming boring. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:21:21 AM by Eric_2012 »

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 7D Mark II - Far Eastern Speculation
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:55 PM »

gngan

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 7D Mark II - Far Eastern Speculation
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:47:23 AM »
Ever experienced horse racing in Hong Kong?..... those in the Far East love a gamble and it even extends to the release of cameras - in this case the replacement 7D Mark II.  I read a new post on which-canon-camera which says that Impress Magazine predict the release to be at 85% probability.  Impress being based in Tokyo perhaps have a higher chance than most of getting it right.  Lets hope the upgrade extends beyond fps and megapixels as that is all becoming boring.

What does horse racing in HK related to releasing 7D II?

tortilla

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:44:18 AM »
I read a new post on which-canon-camera which says that Impress Magazine predict the release to be at 85% probability.  Impress being based in Tokyo perhaps have a higher chance than most of getting it right. 

That sounds reasonable, but I think the question is not if they will be a Mark II, but when it will be released. I don't think it will be too soon though, since they just released that big firmware upgrade half a year ago.

Lets hope the upgrade extends beyond fps and megapixels as that is all becoming boring.

Hm, what else can be improved on this camera than performance? Wifi, OK I don't care, but please - no flipscreen.

christianronnel

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:52:31 AM »
I read a new post on which-canon-camera which says that Impress Magazine predict the release to be at 85% probability.  Impress being based in Tokyo perhaps have a higher chance than most of getting it right. 

That sounds reasonable, but I think the question is not if they will be a Mark II, but when it will be released. I don't think it will be too soon though, since they just released that big firmware upgrade half a year ago.

Lets hope the upgrade extends beyond fps and megapixels as that is all becoming boring.

Hm, what else can be improved on this camera than performance? Wifi, OK I don't care, but please - no flipscreen.

I think it won't be any time soon since Canon haven't developed a better sensor tech and they just released 2 full frame bodies that it would compete against.  And what's wrong with the flipscreen?  I wish the 5DIII had one.
Don't take life too seriously; no one makes it out alive anyway

EOS 5D mark III | EOS 7D | EF16-35mm f2.8L II | EF24-70mm f2.8L II | EF70-200mm f2.8L IS II | EF70-300mm f4-5.6L IS | EF40mm f2.8 STM | EF50mm f1.4 | EF85mm f1.8

Eric_2012

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:50:43 AM »
I use a 60D when needing video capability and find that the flip screen adds a valuable extra dimension.  The flip screen when reversed is a great screen protector too.  My son has a 650D and the flip screen with touch screen abilities is tremendous  - changing settings, pinching the screen to magnify when viewing .... it's the way ahead. 

Dukinald

• Rebel T5i
  • aloha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:23:59 AM »
I personally won't mind a flip screen feature.  But it does take away from the "heavydutiness" of the body.
Just another thing that could break. There would be an equal population of shooters that would welcome it IMHO.
Bodies: Canon 6D, 70D, T2i gripped, EOS 5, EOS 100, EOS M
Lenses:EF 24-105 F4L, EF 70-200 F2.8L mkII, EF 100 F2.8L,  EF 50 F1.8, EF-S 18-55mm, EF 28-80 USM, EF-M 22, Rokinon 8mm HD Fisheye, M mount adapter
Other : 540EZ, 320EX, 430EX II, Yongnuo triggers & strobist stuff

Eric_2012

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »
I think a "wish list" on these posts is a wise move as I am pretty sure Canon have someone dedicated to reading them.  Particularly as it has been suggested that they deliberately leak information to see were there are any cracks in their organization.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »

tortilla

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
I think a "wish list" on these posts is a wise move as I am pretty sure Canon have someone dedicated to reading them.

Before designing the 7D Canon asked 5000 pro photographers about their needs. I guess it's more likely they will do something like this again, rather than reading web forums...

As for the flip screen: Sorry, I didn't really ment to start that discussion again. There is at least one another thread here, where people came up with good reasons for the flip screen. But I just don't like it, no matter how well it might be build, it never can give me the 'quality feeling' I expect from a 1500$-camera (supposing the 7D II will cost about that much).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »