September 15, 2014, 05:30:30 AM

Author Topic: Your best street shots of any kind.  (Read 32058 times)

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
Re: Your best street shots of any kind.
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »
This was taken at an impromptu demonstration against the British National Party.

Good visual on our fear, Paul. Collectively, we humans live in dread of "the other" and change and anything that seems to threaten our own security. Yet the irony is that our interdependence and change are our strengths and the fuel of our progress. You've endeared yourself to me with this little story, Paul.

I haven't been to Glasgow in 30 years, but I liked it when I was there. And Scotland has some of the best land and sea scapes I've seen anywhere. (Oh, and the best milk I've EVER had too!)
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »

Jace

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
Here are some of mine.

Canon 5Dmk2 | 1Dmk2 | 50D | 24-70mm 2.8L | 70-200mm 2.8L IS | 50mm 1.4 | 85mm 1.8 | 15-85mm 3,5-5,6 | Sigma 100-300 F4 EX |

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
This was taken at an impromptu demonstration against the British National Party.

Good visual on our fear, Paul. Collectively, we humans live in dread of "the other" and change and anything that seems to threaten our own security. Yet the irony is that our interdependence and change are our strengths and the fuel of our progress. You've endeared yourself to me with this little story, Paul.

I haven't been to Glasgow in 30 years, but I liked it when I was there. And Scotland has some of the best land and sea scapes I've seen anywhere. (Oh, and the best milk I've EVER had too!)
Scapes? You talk about land and sea scapes! Whiskey man! Whiskey!
 ;)

And for his wonderful description - and the photo, (Paul, you can swap those two around if you want) you da man!

paul13walnut5

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »
@rpt

If you go to Islay there is an abundance of all three.  Work flew me over a couple of years ago, poisoned chalice in a way - beautiful place, but no real time to enjoy the views or the uisge beatha.  Must try and get back.

And if it's Scotch then its 'Whisky'.  ;)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
@rpt

If you go to Islay there is an abundance of all three.  Work flew me over a couple of years ago, poisoned chalice in a way - beautiful place, but no real time to enjoy the views or the uisge beatha.  Must try and get back.

And if it's Scotch then its 'Whisky'.  ;)
I apologise. Whisky it is. And I prefer the smokies :)

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »

I happened to be walking down Glasgow's main shopping area with my camera bag when my attention was taken by some ragtags and bobtails wearing hi-vis vests with the union jack flag on them.

Alarm bells rang and I hung around to see what developed, within 5 minutes there were civilians of all creeds, class, colour and age protesting against these anti-immigration loon-balls, to the point where Police were mobilised for their protection.

I love Glasgow.  It has it's faults, but most of it's people are solid gold, and generally we stand up together against to people like this.

Glasgow was once one of the worlds busiest ports, our ships mobilised world trade, and brought impoverished hungry Irish and persecuted Jews to our city, enriching it's culture, fighting in our Army's, providing both brain and brawn to our industries.  We have a history of acceptance, of refuge.  And thats why we stand up to the BNP, when they attack the Eastern Europeans and Muslims who have made Glasgow their home in more recent years.
I think that's what the Celtic culture brings, while not so many speak the Celtic languages now, the philosophy remains. Accept the invaders, immigrants and visitors and make them Celtic. That way, it tends to breed a greater tolerance for others. Of course it hasn't always been the case, but generally over the centuries, it breeds true. While the Westcountry still has its Celtic roots, a lot of the Celtic culture and philosophy has been diluted unfortunately and I have witnessed slightly off-colour comments that weren't quite racist, to the point that I was asked if I spoke English when with some Poles, which I found a little amusing in its irony. It's the strange blend of nationalism with tolerance that makes it possible and proves that nationalism and identity doesn't have to mean intolerance and racism. Sometimes that nationalism and sense of national identity is misunderstood unfortunately and can be distorted with undesirable consequences.
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

ablearcher

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »

I happened to be walking down Glasgow's main shopping area with my camera bag when my attention was taken by some ragtags and bobtails wearing hi-vis vests with the union jack flag on them.

Alarm bells rang and I hung around to see what developed, within 5 minutes there were civilians of all creeds, class, colour and age protesting against these anti-immigration loon-balls, to the point where Police were mobilised for their protection.

I love Glasgow.  It has it's faults, but most of it's people are solid gold, and generally we stand up together against to people like this.

Glasgow was once one of the worlds busiest ports, our ships mobilised world trade, and brought impoverished hungry Irish and persecuted Jews to our city, enriching it's culture, fighting in our Army's, providing both brain and brawn to our industries.  We have a history of acceptance, of refuge.  And thats why we stand up to the BNP, when they attack the Eastern Europeans and Muslims who have made Glasgow their home in more recent years.
Wow! I did not know that about Glasgow! Great! More power to integrated societies.
   Well... the key word here is (quite correctly) "integrated". If only integration was a reality....  Sorry for offtop.
Canon 7D; Canon 5D MKIII; Canon EF-S 10-22mm; Canon 50mm 1.8; Canon 28mm 1.8; Canon 85mm 1.8; Canon 24-105mm 4.0 L; Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L II IS; Canon 135mm 2.0 L; Canon 35mm 1.4 L.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »

NHK

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Nicolas Favrichon Photography
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
A lot of great photographs here.
I especially like the Bluesman by "Standard", Wow! The Cuba shots by "yoni_blau" and her umbrella by "Eneade" . (je suis aussi de la région, j'ai reconnu directe^^)

pardus

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 02:08:12 PM »
Puerto Escondido
5D MkIII | 7D | Bag of Lenses | Surfboards | Truck | Wife | Son | Dog | House | Life

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
. the key word here is (quite correctly) "integrated". If only integration was a reality....  Sorry for offtop.

Well if integration goes so far as they work and have a social life in a community where they happy its fine i think. If they are lazy and live off social welfare thats not good of course, but that applies to ANY person no matter where they from.
I think there are too many white people who expect foreigners to totally convert into "white people". Reminds me of german people living in another country....in a german community area....speaking german...eating german food and so on. Its just the same except it somehow seems like white people always go crazy about foreigners o_O
TBH i dont know much about the UK welfare system i only know there are a lot of foreigners in germany who live off government money and have no will to change it. But there are also a lot who work (and do jobs german ppl rather not want to do often).
But basically its just a big wuss since we have enough cash in our country to support these people. Its just easy to blame minorities i guess. And not to mention the number of white people here who are basically too lazy to work...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:03:16 PM by sandymandy »

bchernicoff

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »

a beggar by bchernicoff, on Flickr
6D, Fuji X-E1
Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 400mm f/2.8L II, 100mm L IS Macro, Sigma 85mm, & 35mm f/1.4's, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, Canon 2x Extender II, Kenko 1.4x, 430 EX II, Elinchroms

Heavyweight67

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 12:45:34 AM »
On the streets where I live....

RMC33

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 01:14:14 AM »
Sort of stuck out at me...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 01:14:14 AM »

yoni_blau

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
yoni_blau I really like the first one but they are all real good.

Thanks. Cuba is so great and so photogenic its crazy.
Harry up before it starts changing.

Eneade

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
I have enjoyed taking pictures while it was snowing :

sixth sense par Eneade, sur Flickr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »