November 23, 2014, 07:42:52 AM

Author Topic: Your best animal shots!  (Read 150768 times)

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Your best animal shots!
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »
Mick,
Great shot! Looks fantastic :)
Did you get out of the way in time ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:40:23 PM by serendipidy »
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2013, 11:11:41 PM »
Mick,
Great shot! Looks fantastic :)
Did you get out of the way in time ;D
Well, he posted the picture didn't he ;)

But seriously Mick, could you describe how you took the picture and lived to post it?

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2013, 11:56:14 PM »
White horses of The Camargue

This looks great, but, and I'm just curious, is this a Photo ?? that you have taken, or a construct of some sort, if it's an image what a corker, really. I imagine your now in hospital trying to get unflattened.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2013, 12:01:28 AM »
Cheetah in Quivertree Forrest, Namibia.

600D
70-300L

Cheetah by Darlip, on Flickr

Very nice Darlip, It's unusual colouring for a Cheetah, but I've noticed that in namibia with Giraffe as well, seem to have much darker colouring than say East/Southern Africa, clearly you also liked it as I note you use it for your  Avatar. I'm out to Namibia again in March 2014 to spend 3 weeks shooting the Himba, well, not exactly "Shooting" the Himba, Photographing the Himba, most Beautiful People in Africa, I'de Post one of my Himba Lady shots bit last time I did the Moderator pulled it down after about 30 Minutes.

Mick

• Rebel T5i
  • Wildlife, Landscape and above all sport.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »
Hi all, thanks for the kind comments. Im ok didnt get ran over. Came bloody close though on a few occassions.The horse pic is a horse pic, its not a construction of 20 images as im not clever enough to do that but you have given me an idea....hmmmm!!!. I was with some fellow photographers and the guy who ran it told me all the horses in the Camargue are owned by someone. Some live on farms others out in the marshland. Anyhow, heres a one to show how close they got and where using a 1D series really came in handy. Standing in a marsh with my waders when they ran past wasnt my cleverest idea. Still doing stupid stuff for a picture is something we all on here appreciate. My wife on the other hands just thinks we're all nuts. Ive kept the best stuff for my little web site.
1DX, 1DMK4, 1DS3, 7D, 16-35 F2.8 mk2, 24-105 f4, 70-200 f2.8 is L mk2, 500 f4 mk2, 300 f2.8 mk2 1x4 and 2x mk3 extenders.

Quasimodo

• 1D Mark IV
  • Easily intrigued :)
    • View Profile
    • 500px.com
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2013, 04:44:34 PM »
Hi all, thanks for the kind comments. Im ok didnt get ran over. Came bloody close though on a few occassions.The horse pic is a horse pic, its not a construction of 20 images as im not clever enough to do that but you have given me an idea....hmmmm!!!. I was with some fellow photographers and the guy who ran it told me all the horses in the Camargue are owned by someone. Some live on farms others out in the marshland. Anyhow, heres a one to show how close they got and where using a 1D series really came in handy. Standing in a marsh with my waders when they ran past wasnt my cleverest idea. Still doing stupid stuff for a picture is something we all on here appreciate. My wife on the other hands just thinks we're all nuts. Ive kept the best stuff for my little web site.

The first one here is spectacular!
1Dx, 5x600 EX RT, ST-E3Canon:16-35L II,  24-105L , 70-200L IS II, 135L, 100L, 2x III TC, EF 25II, 40 F2.8 STM, Sigma 35 F1.4 Art, Sigma 50 F1.4 Art, Sigma 85 F1.4, Sigma 150-500.
Canon A-1, 199A, FD: 24/2.8, 35/2.0, 100/2.8, Vivitar 400/5.6 Mamiya RZ67 pro ii, 50,110,180
www.500px.com/gerhard1972

jvogelsang

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »
At the Alaska Zoo.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2013, 01:45:11 AM »
Work in progress.  Green tree boa - working on a print and down rez it.  Sharpening set for a print, not a screen/web.  In other words, I know it over sharpened.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:50:16 AM by RGF »

Darlip

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2013, 03:56:11 AM »

Cheetah in Quivertree Forrest, Namibia.

Very nice Darlip, It's unusual colouring for a Cheetah, but I've noticed that in namibia with Giraffe as well, seem to have much darker colouring than say East/Southern Africa, clearly you also liked it as I note you use it for your  Avatar. I'm out to Namibia again in March 2014 to spend 3 weeks shooting the Himba, well, not exactly "Shooting" the Himba, Photographing the Himba, most Beautiful People in Africa, I'de Post one of my Himba Lady shots bit last time I did the Moderator pulled it down after about 30 Minutes.

Cheers, not sure the colours are a true match as I did the PP on my uncalibrated laptop as I'm currently working abroad and now the LR lib is back home. I do however remember that  this and another male were darker than the female cheetah below.

I hope I will also get the chance to go back this or next year to Namibia as I still have the Northwest region to explore, Epupa and the Himbas. Had to rethink my route when I was there last year as I hoped to cover more, but time was going way to fast.

Did 6500km driving in 3.5 weeks through Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana and some days in the bush one could not add many Ks on the meter. But I wanted to get a general sense of where I would like to go again and spend more time thats why I went for the gladiator drive...

Now I know that Kaokoland and Khaudum is priority in Namibia and then I would love to spend more time in the Okavango in Botswana, cant wait to try my luck again with the 4x4 on the roads there ;)

With regards to the Himbas I'm not that conservative, perhaps its because I'm a Swede. In my opinion its like hiding the NG magazines behind the counter. This is part of their culture and they even go shopping groceries like that...

Cheetah by Darlip, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:13:31 PM by Darlip »
70D | Sigma 17-70 | Canon 70-300L

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:40 AM »
Work in progress.  Green tree boa - working on a print and down rez it.  Sharpening set for a print, not a screen/web.  In other words, I know it over sharpened.
Trust in me; just in me...
:)

I love the colour. Fabulous!

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2013, 04:25:35 AM »

Well I think these are just brilliant, especially the earlier one with all the Horses spread out coming right at you, Honestly looks surreal and the B&W absolutely is the way to show these Images, great stuff you should be justifiably proud of these.

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2013, 04:29:16 AM »

Looks Dangerous, But love the colour & seems spot on for sharpness to me.

RGF

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »

Looks Dangerous, But love the colour & seems spot on for sharpness to me.

Might give you a squeeze, but not venomous

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »

RGF

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:56 AM »
Trust in me; just in me...
:)

I love the colour. Fabulous!

Thanks - I will be submitting this in competition soon.  "Trust in Me" or similar is an interesting title

ChilledXpress

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »