December 18, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

Author Topic: In Camera Naming  (Read 1571 times)

evry48

In Camera Naming
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:03:59 AM »
I have two Canon 5D MkIII's. Wondering if one can name each camera via the menu or similar? Wanting to be able to identify each camera simply upon start-up and in post processing other than via serial number. i.e. Camera One. Camera Two.

canon rumors FORUM

In Camera Naming
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:03:59 AM »

AmbientLight

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Re: In Camera Naming
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:42:42 AM »
I don't know that you can name your cameras, but for example you can export your pictures into different folders or you can use one of the cameras much more often than the other so that you can differentiate based on different image numbers within the same folders.

thebowtie

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • You want me to rant? Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »
I have two Canon 5D MkIII's. Wondering if one can name each camera via the menu or similar? Wanting to be able to identify each camera simply upon start-up and in post processing other than via serial number. i.e. Camera One. Camera Two.
Each 5DIII has a unique Canon-assigned code that can be used in generating an in-camera file name.
Go to Menu | SET UP 1 (Yellow Wrench) - select File Name, then the first option will show a sequence - maybe something like 0X9F . That code is the unique code of your camera body.
Experiment with the settings - YMMV

Cheers
A Camera. Some Lenses. Some accessories. Talent on back-order

Normalnorm

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »
Yes you can.
I have two different names for my cameras.
Just go through the menus and you will find it.

Also you can sort them in LR by serial number. Then you can re-name them at that time.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »