October 24, 2014, 04:38:58 AM

Author Topic: Press shutter once to take picture, it stays closed, press again and it opens  (Read 7432 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Now understand that the camera is sitting on top of at least three and a half to four feet of Aluminium (or Carbon fiber - which I believe would be more flexible so even worse...). So as the first slap of the mirror pushes vibrations down the tripod, there is movement and that would cause shake...

FWIW, one advantage of carbon fiber is that it actually damps vibrations better than aluminum.  Wood is even better than CF, but no one wants to lug around a set of heavy wooden legs...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

Drizzt321

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Aaron Baff Photography
Now understand that the camera is sitting on top of at least three and a half to four feet of Aluminium (or Carbon fiber - which I believe would be more flexible so even worse...). So as the first slap of the mirror pushes vibrations down the tripod, there is movement and that would cause shake...

FWIW, one advantage of carbon fiber is that it actually damps vibrations better than aluminum.  Wood is even better than CF, but no one wants to lug around a set of heavy wooden legs...

I beg to differ, apparently some people do or this would be for sale. Heh, cheaper than some pro legs even, and only 6.2 pounds!
5D mark 2, 5D mark 3, EF 17-40mm f/4L,  EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 85mm f/1.8
Film Cameras: Mamiya RB67, RB-50, RB-180-C, RB-90-C, RB-50, Perkeo I folder, Mamiya Six Folder (Pre-WWII model)
http://www.aaronbaff.com

canon rumors FORUM