April 21, 2014, 11:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Living in Canada - buy Canon Mark iii in USA cheaper?  (Read 9132 times)

Worc22

Living in Canada - buy Canon Mark iii in USA cheaper?
« on: January 12, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »
I live in Vancouver and would like to purchase the above.  I would like to know:

1) Where is the cheapest/best place in Canada to buy this camera?

2) Is it better to drive across the border and purchase from the USA (eg have B&H deliver to a UPS in Washington state to pick up?

3) Recommendations for items to buy after the body as my first few purchases (lenses etc) for video use.

Many Thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

Living in Canada - buy Canon Mark iii in USA cheaper?
« on: January 12, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »

JBL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Living in Canada - buy Canon Mark iii in USA cheaper?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »
I live in Vancouver and would like to purchase the above.  I would like to know:

1) Where is the cheapest/best place in Canada to buy this camera?

PhotoPrice is your friend:
http://www.photoprice.ca/product/03868/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-price.html

It compares all the prices of US stores to Canadian stores including tax & shipping. (Make sure you set your province to 'BC')

Looks like cheapest for warranty (non grey market) is Adorama shipped to Vancouver for $3380.05 incl tax.

Cheapest Canadian is Aden shipped to Vancouver for $3665.03 incl tax.

2) Is it better to drive across the border and purchase from the USA (eg have B&H deliver to a UPS in Washington state to pick up?

If you plan on declaring it at the border -- you will have to pay tax anyway. The only thing you save is about $20 of shipping as shipping to the US is free and shipping to Canada is about $20.

If you don't plan on declaring it at the border you'll save the HST.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Living in Canada - buy Canon Mark iii in USA cheaper?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »