April 21, 2014, 06:26:58 AM

Author Topic: taurians upgrading to 5d mark 3  (Read 5516 times)

Rat

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: taurians upgrading to 5d mark 3
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »
P.S- sorry guys Taurus and Libra are the only sun signs I actually know about don't even know the names of the others or what ancient mumbo jumbo attributed them to.
Basically, you got four groups:

water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces - social types ("I gotta tell you about this 5D3 I bought!")
air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius - cerebral types ("Let me tell you why I bought a 5D3!")
fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius - active types ("I bought a 5D3! I BOUGHT A 5D3!")
earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn - down to earth types ("What do you care I have a 5D3?")

...and all that, of course, depending on in which of twelve celestial 'houses' or regions the sun was, when you were born. If you want more specifics, you can calculate where the moon and the planets were, so you have a nice set of zodiacal signs to explain your behaviour. Or, of course, you take responsibility for your own actions, but that seems to be less common.
5DIII, 17-40, 24-105, 70-200/4IS, 50/1.8II, 85/1.8 and a truckload of gimmicks and bits.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »

azezal

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 02:38:27 PM »
P.S- sorry guys Taurus and Libra are the only sun signs I actually know about don't even know the names of the others or what ancient mumbo jumbo attributed them to.

water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces - social types ("I gotta tell you about this 5D3 I bought!")
air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius - cerebral types ("Let me tell you why I bought a 5D3!")
fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius - active types ("I bought a 5D3! I BOUGHT A 5D3!")
earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn - down to earth types ("What do you care I have a 5D3?")

...and all that, of course, depending on in which of twelve celestial 'houses' or regions the sun was, when you were born. If you want more specifics, you can calculate where the moon and the planets were, so you have a nice set of zodiacal signs to explain your behaviour. Or, of course, you take responsibility for your own actions, but that seems to be less common.

...and all that, of course, depending on in which of twelve celestial 'houses' or regions the sun was, when you were born. If you want more specifics, you can calculate where the moon and the planets were, so you have a nice set of zodiacal signs to esignsain your behaviour. Or, of course, you take responsibility for your own actions, but that seems to be less common.

Okay so we have 12 sun signs ,but I'm having a hard time believing taurians as down to earth
Anonymity is a blessing,Ignorance is bliss

Renegade Runner

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »

I'm a Pisces.  Upgraded from Rebel T1i to the 6D.  I gotta tell you about this 6D I bought.  :)
Rebel T1i, EOS 6D, EF 24-105, EFS 10-22, MP-E 65, 100 2.8, EF 100 2.8, 70-300 L, Sigma 150-500

www.pixeltrot.com

Rat

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »
Okay so we have 12 sun signs ,but I'm having a hard time believing taurians as down to earth
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who believes astrology has anything to do with reality, is a couple of cans short of a six-pack - but these are the basics as I've been taught them ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:02:33 PM by Rat »
5DIII, 17-40, 24-105, 70-200/4IS, 50/1.8II, 85/1.8 and a truckload of gimmicks and bits.

Quasimodo

• 1D Mark IV
  • Easily intrigued :)
    • View Profile
    • 500px.com
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »
While we are all still waiting for Godot! (i.e. some real news ;)

I am a taurus, and I had a jump from my first DSLR, a Canon 300D with some cheapo efs zoomlenses. I loved that camera (although it did not have Raw). I sold it after a few years, and regretted it tremendously. I was out for a few years, and then got back by borrowing a 1Ds III for some years (it corresponded with my firstborn son), before I got my own 5D II. I have my eyes on a 1Dx if the lady Fortuna abides me :) I still borrow the 1Ds III, and I will not sell my 5D II even if I get a 1Dx (the selling price would be to low for such a great camera).

5DII w/grip, (1Ds III), 3x600 EX RT, ST-E3
Canon: 8-15L, 16-35L II,  24-105L , 70-200L IS II, (200/2L) 17L TS, 135L, 100L, 2x III TC, 40 F2.8 STM, 50 F1.4. Sigma 35 F1.4 Art, Sigma 85 F1.4, Sigma 150-500.
www.500px.com/gerhard1972

glongstaff

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
    • glongstaff smugmug
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »

...and all that, of course, depending on in which of twelve celestial 'houses' or regions the sun was, when you were born. If you want more specifics, you can calculate where the moon and the planets were, so you have a nice set of zodiacal signs to esignsain your behaviour. Or, of course, you take responsibility for your own actions, but that seems to be less common.

I'm guessing thats load of Bull  :P
5D MKIII, EF 24-105mm F/4 IS L USM, EF 85mm F/1.8, EF 55-200mm 4.5-5.6 USM,  Sigma DG 150-500 5-6.3 APO HSM, Speedlite 430EXII

EOS 350D, EFS 18-55mm

azezal

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:16 AM »
I just proved my mother wrong I don't care about anything else,I don't believe in Astro anyway

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:16 AM »

oscaroo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page.
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 07:06:14 AM »
I'm an Aquarian.

I upgraded from a 50d to a 6d.
And now my 6d has water damage and it's less than a month old! :D ... :(
Hopefully it'll dry up okay and prove itself to be oscar-proof.

I tend to take things to extreme. I took my convertible on a 4wd track and broke the sump. I went skiing with my 50d and a UWA that stopped AF'ing and so I f10'd and hyperfocused all the way.

It's expensive being me.
Why does everyone put a listing of all their camera stuff here?

azezal

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 08:00:08 AM »
I'm an Aquarian.

I upgraded from a 50d to a 6d.
And now my 6d has water damage and it's less than a month old! :D ... :(
Hopefully it'll dry up okay and prove itself to be oscar-proof.

I tend to take things to extreme. I took my convertible on a 4wd track and broke the sump. I went skiing with my 50d and a UWA that stopped AF'ing and so I f10'd and hyperfocused all the way.

It's expensive being me.

Aquarian with a camera with water damage,I guess ill keep an eye out for bulls

crasher8

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 09:53:20 AM »
I'm a Virgo. I wipe my 5D3 with a Leica cloth every 12 minutes.

Lawliet

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 10:19:32 PM »
...thus, I upgraded to the 1D X.  Can you tell I'm a Libra?   ;)

Only if you had followed in my footsteps and complemented the 1Dx with a D800: matching assignment, gear and whim.  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 10:19:32 PM »