Gear Talk > Reviews

Review - Canon EF 50 f/1.2L

<< < (2/32) > >>

RS2021:
Don't hijack this thread with nikon comparisons...what is available in the EF line up is the most relavent....often the contentious area is the value for the price comparisons between the f1.2L and f1.4 canon 50's.

Once we venture into nikonland, the arguments will just feed the trolls. So please don't  take the bait.

Normalnorm:

--- Quote from: ecka on January 12, 2013, 11:42:04 AM ---Sigmalux is still the best fast fifty ;)

--- End quote ---

After buying the Canon 1.4 and going through three copies without finding one that could focus properly I picked up the Sigma. It is super sharp and the focus actually works. Build quality is excellent. Lack of 1.2 seems meaningless.

I am really looking forward to the 35 1.4 when I get the funds.

EOBeav:
There is absolutely no new information here that hasn't been presented before on The Digital Picture, et al.   The bottom line is that if you shoot professionally wide open (>f/2),  you'll want the 50L. Personally, I wouldn't turn one down if given one, but I do have the 50mm f/1.4 that works just fine.

CrimsonBlue:
I've owned every version of this lens (1.8, 1.4, 1.2) and they are all worth the price you pay.  The 1.2L does amazing work, but you also have to have a good command of the camera with such razor sharp DoF.  I noticed a little backfocusing in low light, but it produces top-notch images 95% of the time.

Daniel Flather:
All the photos except the bokeh photo are taken with the 50L.  A little bias?  But after owning the 1.8 Mrk 1, 1.4, and the 1.2L, I know the bias for the 1.2.

The only people who bash the 1.2L are the people who can't afford it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version