Gear Talk > Pricewatch Deals

Deal: EOS-1D X for $5936 via eBay

(1/5) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Tweet
From BigValueInc

BigValueInc has the EOS-1D X body for $5936 via eBay. That’s about a $700 savings.
Canon EOS-1D X for $5936 via eBay (BigValueInc) Including shipping in the USA
cr

canonmike:
You may want to look at this vendor's feedback before placing a bid. Looks like a little caution may be in order.

CrimsonBlue:
Seriously -- almost ever "deal" that is posted about a great eBay price is for grey market items.  Either spell that out (here on CR) or don't post it.  Many people view it as an endorsement of a reputable vender - akin to specials at B&H, etc.

ckwaller:

--- Quote from: CrimsonBlue on January 12, 2013, 12:31:09 PM ---Seriously -- almost ever "deal" that is posted about a great eBay price is for grey market items.  Either spell that out (here on CR) or don't post it.  Many people view it as an endorsement of a reputable vender - akin to specials at B&H, etc.

--- End quote ---

This.

Almost all of BVI's negative feedback (mine included) point to them being a gray-market vendor with horrible customer service. There are other dealers with ebay outlets (I.e. PMI Digital AKA Profeel Marketing Inc that are listed as a Canon Authorized Dealer) that have similar deals (albeit not at such rock bottom prices as BVI).

I'm not saying don't refrain from posting BVI deals, but potential customers should proceed with caution.

markbyland:
In short, Canon needs to eliminate gray market, period. As well, they need to stop making their legitimate dealerships jump through a series of flaming hoops to get their instant savings back they're forced to give customers. It takes up to 3 months to get you IS back from them, but they're on you the second a below MAP price pops up any where. Not to mention, will hold special order product indefinitely, without notice, because of some sort of invoicing issues. They treat independent dealers like criminals when the real criminals are the ones selling the gray market machines, which are in turn, being promoted by sites like this.

So happy to have switched from Canon. I used to like them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version