August 21, 2014, 02:21:29 AM

Author Topic: DSLR & Lens Coming on January 15, 2013? [CR1]  (Read 37768 times)

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
Re: DSLR & Lens Coming on January 15, 2013? [CR1]
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »
given the shortage of 60D here, as my reseller told me, i think a 70D will come very soon.

Not necessarily - the 60d segment simply got obsoleted by when the 600d->650d moved up (better af than 60d) and the 7d price dropped. It would be very unusual if Canon would release the 7d2 and 70d at the same time, much more likely they release the more expensive model first to make as much money as they can.

Its called "keep the pot boiling". :P

Suits me because even rumors about the 7d2 build pressure on the 6d that has dropped a lot in the last weeks :-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »

ddl

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
Two lenses were anounced last week but they weren't the L photography lenses expected but two Cinema lenses instead.

I'm thinking that CR was right about the number of lenses to be announced a couple of times over the last year but wrong about the type of lens (all were Cinema 15-60 plus two last week) instead of the L's assumed.

EchoLocation

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »
ANOTHER incremental update to an APS-C Canon Camera? lol
Hearing this, I feel like they will just swap in some new features, swap out some old features, raise the price back up to full retail and call it a day.
If this camera STILL has the ANCIENT 11pt, or 9pt AF I am going to laugh for days.
When the 60D came out, I was expecting a more sexy, 50D style of camera, instead, just a bunch of recycled crap came in the form of the 60D.
If this is the case, I'm guessing the 70D will have the 11pt AF from the 6D with the touchscreen of the rebels with maybe some WIFI or GPS and a little tiny bit of weather sealing(or something of the same ilk.)
Good Luck Canonistas!
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
ANOTHER incremental update to an APS-C Canon Camera? lol
Hearing this, I feel like they will just swap in some new features, swap out some old features, raise the price back up to full retail and call it a day.
If this camera STILL has the ANCIENT 11pt, or 9pt AF I am going to laugh for days.
When the 60D came out, I was expecting a more sexy, 50D style of camera, instead, just a bunch of recycled crap came in the form of the 60D.
If this is the case, I'm guessing the 70D will have the 11pt AF from the 6D with the touchscreen of the rebels with maybe some WIFI or GPS and a little tiny bit of weather sealing(or something of the same ilk.)
Good Luck Canonistas!

There is some cynical truth in what you say with 60D "upgrade"... But this does not reflect on the whole Canon brand.

And,  we prefer to be called 'Canonites', the chosen tribe ...not 'Canonistas'.

Now Eff off back to your Nikon land ::)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:21:16 PM by Ray2021 »
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

LowBloodSugar

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • www.clementshimizu.com
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
People love using the live view mode, when testing cameras.  I would guess it would be something with IS.  That feature is easy to demo and it really sells itself.
5DMK3, 8-15 F4L, 50mm F1.8 II
Disclosure: Long CAJ

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
that is what Canon does.

ha.. wait until the 49MP.... 140nm process and with unseen QE of 99,6% : 1Ds X !!
with build in wifi, gps and eye-controlled focusing.

;)

Yeah, but there will be 150 other DSLR cameras between now and then, each marginally better than the one before.

Anyone thinking that Canon will do anything revolutionary with the 7DII has got their vendors mixed up. Canon is not Sony.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »
Slow week at CR?  Yet another CR1's to pass the time?  ;)
What happened to the Jan 8th 35L II and 14-24L UWA from last week?  :P
You have been playing the same tune over and over.  Perhaps you think that you can force Rumors to be true, or that only rumors that are guaranteed to be true are posted.
If you can't handle rumors, you need to stop reading them and then complaining that they are  ... Well, just Rumors.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
Perhaps it will have a new mode where it inserts kittens into any picture sent over the wifi link..... because if there is anything that the web needs more of, it's kittens :)

seriously though, safe bets (if it is a 70D) include the touch screen from the T4i, wireless and gps, at least a digic 5, probably 18Mpixel, ISO 25,600, around 6fps, 60Hz 1080 video, retain the shoulder display, and please give it back AFMA. Lots of incremental changes would make a nice camera....

Canon seems to have been experimenting with focus a lot lately so a different configuration of points and types is likely.

If we get real lucky it might be the unveiling of new sensor technology and possibly a digic 6, but I wouldn't bet on it.
The best camera is the one in your hands

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
They will both be incremental updates because that is what Canon does.

What Canon does is make money.  The brand on top of the heap has no need to take risks. Incremental updates sell well.  Not saying I'm happy about it, but it's a sound business practice (unless it fails, then heads roll, and things change...).

Anyone thinking that Canon will do anything revolutionary with the 7DII has got their vendors mixed up. Canon is not Sony.

Perhaps.  Lots of mix ups here lately, it seems.  Canon being mistaken for Sony.  Lenses being mistaken for cameras.  ;)
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »
LOL I bet the 70D will be this

same ol crap 18 MP APS-C sensor
Plastic body with flippy screen and pop up flash
11 pt AF from 6D
wifi
GPS
single SD card
VF? maybe the same 97% as the 6D
APS-H Fanboy

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »
You have been playing the same tune over and over.  Perhaps you think that you can force Rumors to be true, or that only rumors that are guaranteed to be true are posted.
If you can't handle rumors, you need to stop reading them and then complaining that they are  ... Well, just Rumors.

Instead of instructing me that this is a rumor site, which I fully understand, you could perhaps learn to read what the tongue-in-cheek or tongue sticking out icon  :P means...I hope I am allowed to comment if a Rumor goes Dud and the original short comment was not a severe criticism in any case.

Unless CRs policy is to check with you first. Would your busy schedule with 90000 posts here allow for that time? :P
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:39:03 PM by Ray2021 »

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 08:56:20 PM »
And the last thing revolutionary with digital cameras was going from film to a digital sensor...... after that, it's all been more or less evolutionary changes...... pixel counts slowly climb, dynamic range slowly gets better, iso and noise slowly get better, focus slowly gets better, processors get faster and more complex algorithms emerge, but none of this is revolutionary.

Yet we look back ten years and all these changes add up..... don't knock the incremental changes because without them we wouldn't have the cameras we have now.
The best camera is the one in your hands

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »

Instead of instructing me that this is a rumor site, which I fully understand, you could perhaps learn to read what the tongue-in-cheek or tongue sticking out icon  :P means...I hope I am allowed to comment if a Rumor goes Dud and the original short comment was not a severe criticism in any case.

Unless CRs policy is to check with you first. Would your busy schedule with 90000 posts here allow for that time? :P
Its fine to point out your concerns, its posting the same thing over and over like a broken record is the issue.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »
I don't understand how those smiley face things are still here. I thought they were banished long ago.

And you, 2021, have been around quite long enough to know that this is a serious forum for discussion of serious subjects. I'm sure you know, young man, that humor might compromise your credibility. And such things will end up on your permanent record!

So, watch it!!!

Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »

Its fine to point out your concerns, its posting the same thing over and over like a broken record is the issue.

It wasn't many times and certainly not the same context ...if it is something offensive, I would actually understand...when do you find time to troll what someone says to see if they may have repeated themselves? Find a hobby other than typing here to fill the time.

Follow your own advice...if you dont like it...don't read it :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:25:50 PM by Ray2021 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »