September 23, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

Author Topic: refurbished Canon 5d mk iii  (Read 19242 times)

dadgummit

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon FT-QL
    • View Profile
Re: refurbished Canon 5d mk iii
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 10:28:37 AM »
I sold my refurb 7D to fund a new 5d3.  I got probably about $100 less than an equal non refurb camera.  all in all I came out way ahead. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 10:28:37 AM »

tpatana

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »

A: Don't worry

B: If you live close here, I'll buy it for $22xx

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »
I purchased a used 5DII in the past year. My considerations were (1) is it at or below below market price (2) excellent condition (3) low actuations (4) 100% positive feedback on Ebay. Nice to haves were original packaging and receipt. I would not have had an issue purchasing a refurb body if the considerations were met. I have purchase refub lenses and P&S and have had no issues at all.

Did the 5Dii have a pin hole in the serial number plate on the bottom of the camera?  Just curious, it sounds like this is something new by Canon and if so, wondering why they decided to do it?

Thanks for the tip!!
Canon started marking the serial number of refurbs about 1-1/2 year ago, but not all the refurb stuff I've bought has a defaced serial number.  I suspect that they are more diligent about marking new products like the 5D MK III which only came out last spring, and would still be covered by warranty at least until may or so for those with no bill of sale.

Midphase

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »
Canon started marking the serial number of refurbs about 1-1/2 year ago, but not all the refurb stuff I've bought has a defaced serial number.

Just for the record, the pinhole we're talking about is really tiny. This is not like someone took a hole-puncher to the bottom of the camera. I'm not sure a pin needle would fit in it...hardly noticeable unless you know what to look for.

Wildfire

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »
Would you buy a used-salvaged-car? Some people will have no problem buying it. And there are people(like me), would never buy a used-salvaged-item

Depends on who salvaged the vehicle. If it was the original vehicle manufacturer, who salvaged it with authentic OEM parts at the factory and ran it through the same tests as a new vehicle would before hitting the dealer lots then yes, I would buy that car. And I'd be willing to pay pretty much the same price as I would for that car as an actual brand new one, because unlike a brand new one, I know that a problem has been corrected with the refurbished vehicle and no longer needs worrying about whereas the new one may have some yet-to-be-discovered defect.

I sold my refurbished 5D2 for $1600 last month, only ~$65 less than what I paid for it from the Canon Loyalty Program earlier last year.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:39:49 PM by Wildfire »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »