October 25, 2014, 09:13:17 AM

Author Topic: Indian Wedding shot with 5D Mark III  (Read 5302 times)

STFNX

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Wedding shot with 5D Mark III
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »
To me the depth of field in many of these shots looks very shallow, so I wonder how you get it in focus. Lots of practice pulling focus ? Or do you prefocus each shot (including the ones that start out of focus) before you start recording ? What sort of apertures are you shooting these ?

Lots of practise and there is a big amount of "everything but perfect", but I let a framing if it fits and accept the motion going into out of focus blur if the scene is still good. Apertures I used was 1,4 for the close shots, 2,8 in church and 4,0 to 5,6 when on steadycam-mode

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »

STFNX

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
If u excuse me with some critics tough:

u have sometimes 1-2 more extra shots, and some clips are longer then it should be. Just some examples: in the beginning, glideing and moving behind the makeup shelves u have 1-2 more than it needed, also in the party u have an upwards total from the balcony -> transition -> and moving down back.
and the very last 2 clips, i think u have already made a nice defocus beggining-ending frame to the story, for me the same shot coming back again to be the very last picture, is a bit too much, it was already understandable and nicely closed picture the previous one.

(and a tipp: for the family, the muster material could be very funny without any editing after 5 years or so, just to check who looked how)

But the focus pulling, directing and compositing was very well done, i think you put a lot of work and energy into it.

Thanks... and critics are welcome... I used the transition from the balcony as a bridge from ceremony/cake/overview to the dancing party, but thats a question of taste... but you're right.. to decrease minor things is the game ;)

STFNX

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
Did you use any type of 'flat profile' setting on your camera for shooting this?

Yes I reduced saturation in camera a little bit and reduced sharpness in cam to zero and added that in post.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »