Since it seems fairly plausible now that we have a CR1 level rumor about a 1D release (relatively) soon and that, according to what I have read on tis thread, we can expect a price tag of $6k .... I have two questions:
1) How long of a period after the new 1D is released do you forsee the new 5D released?
2) If the new 1D is at the $6k range as this thread suggests, at what price point would the 5D be at?
My guesses are 6 months after the 1D we will see a new 5D, and the 5D would come in at $3k.
if you mean 1d5, then it won't be related to the 5d3, imho.
- if 1ds4 is next out of the stable, then:
- - 5d3 with same sensor will be at least 6 months, probably closer to 12 behind.
- - 5d3 with lower sensor could be closer, even 3 months behind.
- if 5d3 comes first, then:
- - 1ds4 will have much higher mp than 5d3.
- - or 1d5 will be FF with faster crop-mode (1.3x at least 20mp) and 1ds is dead.
- if 1d5 comes first, then:
- - 1d5 will probably be ~20-25mp, dual digic V, same AF/FPS/etc as other 1d.
- - timeline for 5d3/1ds4 won't be affected
either way, any potential 1ds4 and 1d5 both announced at latest by 1Q 2012, on shelves in number before Olympics. If the 1 bodies come sooner, we *might* even see a 7D2 just before the Olympics...