August 20, 2014, 01:11:14 AM

Author Topic: Kenrockwell comments on Canon 6d  (Read 27716 times)

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Kenrockwell comments on Canon 6d
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »
thx magnardo.
hobby shooter i wait!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »
I have no problem with any people having backed up their arrogance with something substantial.
Richard Avedon, Cristiano Ronaldo, Jack Nicholson etc.
If you guys want a contest,....we can do this,....The Best Pictures of a Door Knob.
If agreed,.....Everyone post your best picture of a door knob.
Really? that seems incredibly hard to believe, you've been ranting and bad mouthing KR for so long but so far you have not "backed up" your rants "with something substantial" ... not even a single worthwhile photo.
If you guys want a contest,....we can do this,....The Best Pictures of a Door Knob.
If agreed,.....Everyone post your best picture of a door knob.
Now you want a contest? and you want others to post their photos? but you keep running away from posting even a single photo!. Since you are new to canonrumors, you may not know but FYI most of us have already posted our photos on Canon rumors and it was not done to belittle others but to share our work with others and get constructive criticism.

Why do you feel like a mosquito?

All your post are exclusively direct personal attacks toward me,..... but their bites is less then negligible.

Why do you feel like a mosquito?

It must be the noise,...Zum! Zum!

You keep saying you want to see my pictures?!

You will get to see them in the manner I decide to show them,....not by playing weak mind games.
By now everyone knows what kind of a person you are and I think you have no worthwhile photo to post here that can "back up" your tall claims & rants, so I'm outta here. Good luck with your door knobs ;D
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Magnardo

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Beauty exists even if the beholder is blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
You all bite from different angles like a pack of wolves and wonder what's wrong with me,....like that woman at Carnegie.

Only concentrated on self.
That's how Bush Junior became president. Twice.
It seems impossible in a rational way but there are many people drunk at sounds of their own voices that lock themselves in a microcosmos of their own thoughts and anything contrary to what they want to hear just hits  a mental block and falls to the ground.

Tell me one good piece of anything that has been written here by you guys except constant attacks.

You should keep anyone at a safe distance from your family.
It is a mad world.

Free gift for you haters,....

Go to Phlearn.com,...great elegant site with lots of teaching and free advice,.....and compare that with Rockwell.

Learn class. Nobody begs for money.
Beauty exists even if the beholder is blind.

J.R.

• 1D X
  • A Speedlight Junkie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
So much talk of pics of a doorknob and still no pics ... So I thought I'd post one of mine. This doorknob is important to me bcause it belongs to the one person whom I was mortally afraid of when I was young ... My headmaster at school before whom I used to be hauled up for having broken some rule. I used to stare at the doorknob whole waiting outside his room till that dreaded voice said "come in"... I met him after considerable time this past November and while taking his leave, I clicked this on my way out much to his surprise ...

Like Hobby Shooter, I too am a hobbyist ... But for our breed, every picture has a story ...
Light is language!

Magnardo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »
I like it,....The story makes it better.
Nice red color with just enough blue.

I will still have to go do one,...I got no door knobs in my arsenal.
My camera will be back Tuesday so I will return with one.

paul13walnut5

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

Whatever the online equivalent of crossing the road and getting your kids to look away is, do that.

I wouldn't bother attempting to involve the moderators, that just gives these creeps some sense of vindication, martyrdom, or even just the attention they crave.

Magnardo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
Make sure there are no mirrors across the street.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2013, 02:27:16 PM »
I think we have plumbed the bottom of the Ken Rockwell topic.... perhaps we can stop now? :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:33:48 PM by Ray2021 »
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »
Some meandering thoughts of an old man.... ;)

1) equipment: When I started dating my future wife over 40 years ago, neither of us owned a camera. All I could do was take a couple of those tiny photo booth shots (4 for a dollar) like in the French movie Amelie. Those are still my favorite photos of her (I have one framed on my wall). I only wish now that I had taken a few more back then.

2)language: @Magnardo..Your English is much better than my Latvian :) In fact, I only speak one language and sometimes not even that very well. I really admire anyone who can speak more than one language.

3)Criticism (negative harsh vicious etc): We all live in glass houses...let whoever is without sin cast the first stone. Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
This doorknob is important to me

Nice doorknob :-) and interesting story, actually I have some shots like this myself - it's just my point that you don't need a 63 point af system to take it or an expensive L prime for this resolution (a 50/1.8 would do).

I think we have plumbed the bottom of the Ken Rockwell topic.... perhaps we can stop now? :)

All KR topics end this way, but it's like like a train wreck, hard to look away :-p

infared

• 1D Mark IV
  • Kodak Brownie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2013, 05:38:41 PM »

...well..the topic is shallow enough that it should only have been one page..tell ya what...why don't we all use at least $10,000.00 of photo equipment to post some really bad snapshots of our kids here, in honor of Ken and then call it a day?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:40:15 PM by infared »
5D Mark III, Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E, Canon 16-35mm f/4L IS, 21mm f/2.8 Zeiss, Sigma 35mm f/1.4, 24-70mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 Sigma, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro,70-200mm f/2.8L IS II...1.4x converter III, and some other stuff.....

agierke

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »
let whoever is without sin cast the first stone

< casts stone....and hits self.

lol, sry i couldn't resist. but isn't that usually the case?
5D3, 5D2, 5DC, s15mm Fish, 24mm TSE, 35mm F1.4L, 50mm F1.2L, 85mm F1.8, 100mm F2.8L, 24-70mm F2.8L, 70-200mm F2.8L, 580EX, 580EX2, 600EXRT

J.R.

• 1D X
  • A Speedlight Junkie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »

...well..the topic is shallow enough that it should only have been one page..tell ya what...why don't we all use at least $10,000.00 of photo equipment to post some really bad snapshots of our kids here, in honor of Ken and then call it a day?

No chance I'm posting "bad" shots of my kids. I would however, happily shoot the lens boxes, pump up the saturation like crazy and post the pics, all in KR's ... Well ... Honor!

Much ado about nothing as usual.
Light is language!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

Whatever the online equivalent of crossing the road and getting your kids to look away is, do that.

I wouldn't bother attempting to involve the moderators, that just gives these creeps some sense of vindication, martyrdom, or even just the attention they crave.
I'll venture to fill in again with you Paul.

This guy is plain rude and that has nothing to do with not being a native speaker, many of us on this forum are.

I'm out of this thread and hope to not encounter some of the posters in it ever again. This forum should be for a (of course vivid) but still civilized discussion about things pertaining photography. I'd never measure myself against anybody's photos and would never ever challenge someone on taking photos.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2013, 09:44:34 PM »
I'd never measure myself against anybody's photos and would never ever challenge someone on taking photos.

Me neither, and the reason I'm never posting any "good" shots in discussion threads is that imho if someone has taken a couple of good pictures it doesn't make his/her reasoning any better or his/her opinion more valid, it just muddies the water. A good reason to post shots is to demonstrate problems or show the effect of some lens/lighting/... gear though.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2013, 09:44:34 PM »