October 01, 2014, 06:42:28 PM

Author Topic: 1DX import issues (not my camera)  (Read 1674 times)

surfer57

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
1DX import issues (not my camera)
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »
My buddy just posted this on facebook. Not my 1DX but he just got one for the company he works with.

Any idea why they would all appear like this?

canon rumors FORUM

1DX import issues (not my camera)
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: 1DX import issues (not my camera)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
Corrupt memory card seems like a good possibility...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Dark Reality

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »
I had a card reader that was doing something similar. One way to tell is by disconnecting and then trying again, if the pictures are still messed up, but in different ways or patterns, then its the card reader, if every picture is the exact same every time, then its the card. I almost trashed a bunch of cards before i thought to try a different reader.
Photography saved my life.

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »
I have had unusual image displays not unlike this if I tried to view images from a new camera on image browser software that was out of date relative to the new camera. Also try the different card reader or different computer as suggested by Dark Reality. It should be pretty simple to isolate a problem CF card if the card is the culprit as Neuro suggests.

-PW

Stu_bert

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »
Put the card back in the camera and hit preview... if they're all fine, then it's the card reader... You can transfer from the camera via usb cable. If they are corrupt, then as Neuro said, alas it seems like a corrupt or worse faulty memory card. If your friend has a 2nd card, that should eliminate the source. Try reformatting the card, writing some shots and reviewing to eliminate the card. If a 2nd card has the problem, ideally different brand, then sounds like a weird fault on the 1Dx....

Oh and check pins in the slot that none are bent....
If life is all about what you do in the time that you have, then photography is about the pictures you take not the kit that took it. Still it's fun to talk about the kit, present or future :)

bobcat300

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »
I had a 7D that did the same thing and it was the image processor. Canon replace it and it was fine

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »