September 16, 2014, 01:16:05 AM

Author Topic: EOS-1D X Firmware Specifcations  (Read 7997 times)

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: EOS-1D X Firmware Specifcations
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
yeah ok I got your "wetware" The beauty of the internet is you can reach out and communicate with others you normally cannot other wise. Some feel they can say whatever they want their behind "perceived" safety of the PC I know they will abruptly change their tone when the person is standing in front of them. It's called internet muscles.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:43:52 PM by ewg963 »
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »

Secretariat

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 12:13:40 AM »
I am happy with my 1DX and any fixes or added features via firmware is just icing on the cake (and I don't care much for icing).  The red focus point feature was a nice add last time and the fix for the 200 f/2. 

Canon appears to be listening to the photographers and adding features that are wanted such as disabling a button that may cause issues.  The current 1 series bodies do so much more than the first generations every did.  We should be thankful.  :)

+1 here.

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21:34 AM »
Why are firmwares not appreciated by some? Don't they make the machines work better/become more able?

Apple is constantly bettering their products via updates.

These machines are made by humans who release it as perfect as they can. Then they discover something that can better it and fix it for us.

M.ST

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
Congratulations Canon. That´s a very fast service. Only over a year for an important update.

Most of the mentioned errors I report in November 2011 to you.

WillThompson

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:47 AM »
What's the problem with the focus points lighting up red in One Shot?

In One Shot the focus points do not light up red pre or post focus!  Only during focusing.

On the 1V/D/S/MKII/MKIIN/MKIII they were on all the time until the 6 second timer ran out.  Now they are only on when the shutter button is half pressed then go out after focus is locked!

It is impossible to see a black lcd focus point on a dark subject with a dark background without constantly tapping the shutter button half way to find the focus point in the viewfinder.

The Canon manual says to position the focus point over the subject then half press the shutter button to focus, very hard to do when you can not see the focus point at all!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:21:58 AM by WillThompson »
Will T.

Skulker

• 7D
  • PP is no vice and as shot is no virtue
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 02:31:59 AM »
When I saw this thread my first thought was how soon will the first negative comment come. To me it seems some people just moan a lot.

Canon have fixed a problem most of the reaction is negative.  ::) I bet it really annoyed all the negative posters that they missed complaining about this issue.

Btw I can use the red focus points fine as they are.
If you debate with a fool onlookers can find it VERY difficult to tell the difference.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »
...the 1DX a 7000 bucks camera is the ugly sister...

Sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with your 1D X.  You do have a 1D X, right?   ::)

Personally, I'm quite happy with mine...

:D LOL
is it me or are you getting MORE sarcastic these days? ;)
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
 :-[
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 05:44:05 AM »
What's the problem with the focus points lighting up red in One Shot?

In One Shot the focus points do not light up red pre or post focus!  Only during focusing.

On the 1V/D/S/MKII/MKIIN/MKIII they were on all the time until the 6 second timer ran out.  Now they are only on when the shutter button is half pressed then go out after focus is locked!

It is impossible to see a black lcd focus point on a dark subject with a dark background without constantly tapping the shutter button half way to find the focus point in the viewfinder.

The Canon manual says to position the focus point over the subject then half press the shutter button to focus, very hard to do when you can not see the focus point at all!
Thank you my point exactly!!! I shoot in low dingy lights!!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:46:49 AM by ewg963 »
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »
Ahhh, now I see the issue.  Yes, that's true - I suppose it's a result of the transmissive LCD.  The older cameras you mention have the AF points etched onto the focus screen - they're always 'on' and because of the etching, when illuminated, the light hits them in such a way that pretty much only the selected AF point lights up.  With the transmissive LCD, when it's illuminated the selected AF point(s) are 'lit' but to a lesser extent the whole VF glows red. That is a bit distracting, sort of like wearing rose-colored glasses or suffering from a bad hangover.  ;)  That glow also mucks with the metering, which is why it turns off after AF lock, and why the AI Servo 'fix' is the illumination blinking on/off rather than steady.

Personally, while the transmissive LCD has some drawbacks, I think those are outweighed by the benefits of AF point display flexibility, on-demand grid display, etc.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

mnicol

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 08:15:25 AM »
Ahhh, now I see the issue.  Yes, that's true - I suppose it's a result of the transmissive LCD.  The older cameras you mention have the AF points etched onto the focus screen - they're always 'on' and because of the etching, when illuminated, the light hits them in such a way that pretty much only the selected AF point lights up.  With the transmissive LCD, when it's illuminated the selected AF point(s) are 'lit' but to a lesser extent the whole VF glows red. That is a bit distracting, sort of like wearing rose-colored glasses or suffering from a bad hangover.  ;)  That glow also mucks with the metering, which is why it turns off after AF lock, and why the AI Servo 'fix' is the illumination blinking on/off rather than steady.

Personally, while the transmissive LCD has some drawbacks, I think those are outweighed by the benefits of AF point display flexibility, on-demand grid display, etc.
+1
Regards

Jan van Holten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • www.natuurfotografiejan.nl
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 04:09:32 AM »
1-1. The function to disable the Image Size selection button is added.

S___, S___, S___,....... to late.

Shot yesterday some nice aggressive action between two males Snow Bunting, some of them are really nice.
When I loaded the pictures up to the computer I was amazed by the huge numbers that fitted on the card.
Unfortunatly the image size was changed to M1 and even not the highest quality. Result, images not even the size of 3MB.

It was a cold day with a windchill factor of about minus 11 degrees Celsius, so I was wearing big gloves.
I even had a moment in wich I was wondering how many frames I was still be able to make on that card, but it did not trigger me enough to check it out. Stupid mistake.

Jan

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 08:39:06 AM »

+1

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 08:39:06 AM »