September 02, 2014, 01:19:47 AM

Author Topic: 7D - How bad is it? Really?  (Read 13947 times)

Spooky

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: 7D - How bad is it? Really?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
Its a wonderful camera, people that bitch about it don't no how to use a camera.

you cant get a better camera for the money

+1

I have just bought a 5D3 to gain my wide angle ranges but I will still use my 7D to compliment it. You need to expose correctly and when you do, noise is NOT an issue, neither is sharpness if you have good glass and technique.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »

paul13walnut5

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »

I have just bought a 5D3 to gain my wide angle ranges but I will still use my 7D to compliment it. You need to expose correctly and when you do, noise is NOT an issue, neither is sharpness if you have good glass and technique.

+1.

99% of folk who bitch about the 7D had upgraded from something simpler and didn't put in the work the 7D requires to deliver results.  A good camera doesn't make life easier, it makes reaching your potential easy.  A 7D set up right is a joy to use, and will deliver briliiant results.

I actually only bought my 7D because it was the first DSLR with a 25 PAL video mode.  But it made my photography so much more rewarding.

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »
Its a wonderful camera, people that bitch about it don't no how to use a camera.

you cant get a better camera for the price.

check out my shots http://www.flickr.com/photos/54773292@N07/

By "don't know how to use a camera" you mean they try to use a 7D at ISO 6400?  Because that certainly is not knowing how to use a 7D.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

paul13walnut5

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:07 PM »

By "don't know how to use a camera" you mean they try to use a 7D at ISO 6400?  Because that certainly is not knowing how to use a 7D.

Correct about the 6400.  Not as good as cameras costing twice as much or four times as much.
But then thats not the budget the OP has.  For Sports use.  Within the OP's budget.  7D=best.

Most 7D moans originate from folk wanting better jpegs than they got from their 50D's.   And folk who thought they could shoot sports or nature, but when given a decent AF system with tweakability, wigged out.  And folk who thought spending more automatically meant better pictures.

I know the whole noise thing trickles down, in that if its well controlled at 6400 it's going to be far less at the everyday ISO's.

Apart from not really wanting to push the 7D beyond 3200, I can't actually think of an occasion when I had to push it beyond 1600.  I think this might be the old film user in me where less ISO is more.  Maybe because of my video work I'm just used to adding light, which I know isn''t practical or desirable for many.

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »

Correct about the 6400.  Not as good as cameras costing twice as much or four times as much.
But then thats not the budget the OP has.  For Sports use.  Within the OP's budget.  7D=best.

Most 7D moans originate from folk wanting better jpegs than they got from their 50D's.   And folk who thought they could shoot sports or nature, but when given a decent AF system with tweakability, wigged out.  And folk who thought spending more automatically meant better pictures.

I know the whole noise thing trickles down, in that if its well controlled at 6400 it's going to be far less at the everyday ISO's.

Apart from not really wanting to push the 7D beyond 3200, I can't actually think of an occasion when I had to push it beyond 1600.  I think this might be the old film user in me where less ISO is more.  Maybe because of my video work I'm just used to adding light, which I know isn''t practical or desirable for many.

I agree.  I actually like the 7D outdoors and for macro work. 
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

James Lowe

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 09:14:37 PM »
I just got my 7D in Oct. I bought it to replace my stolen 40D. My 7D does everything I want it to with terrific results. Seems like there are a lot of grips with the 7D but why?. The 7D is a perfectly good camera, top in it's class. No regrets buying it.

Trovador

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Photography Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »
Great images Ruddy!

Hey thank you! :)
Canon 6D+7D; 17-40L, 24-70L, 70-200L 2.8 IS II, 100-400L IS, 50 1.4, 100L 2.8 IS, Rokinon 8mm fisheye
www.ruddyflorentino.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »