July 31, 2014, 09:44:33 PM

Author Topic: Where are you EOS 70D?  (Read 25658 times)

that1guyy

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Where are you EOS 70D?
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:19 PM »
The 5D3 does not have an articulated screen. 60D does.

That's correct, I've got a 60d (see my equipment list).

What I tried to convey was that because even the video-king 5d3 hasn't got a swivel screen Canon didn't want to add it on the 60d-like 6d - because the 6d is obviously designed to have lower specs in any area save the center af light sensitivity as the "joker" against the Nikon 600d.

Articulating screens are the bane of weather sealing. The 5D line, being Canon's second-highest professional-grade line of cameras, is expected to have some of the best weather sealing that can be found in a camera. The addition of an articulating screen would make that nearly impossible to achieve to the degree it needs to be, difficult to achieve by any means.

If you look at the 1D line, it doesn't even use a rotating knob for the primary mode control...it uses buttons. It uses buttons because they are much easier to weather seal, and the seals are more effective than the seal for something that turns or rotates.

When it comes to professional grade cameras, even those that support video, an articulating screen is probably the last thing on any serious professional's mind.

Interesting. The Panasonic GH3 (a micro 4/3 camra) can be considered a pro or semi-pro camera. It has an articulated screen and is fully weather sealed (dust and splash proof).

You understand Canon often lies about things like this. Don't trust everything they tell you ;). Just like how Canon said that clean hdmi out is not possible on the 5D mark iii but now, somehow by magic, its possible and coming in April? Canon is full of crap.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:12:16 PM by that1guyy »

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Where are you EOS 70D?
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:19 PM »